cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmat617
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

what is mc-neo-host.exe?

Shows to be in windows processes and I would like to know what it is and if it should be there.

3 Replies
Abhishek_Das
Message 2 of 4

Re: what is mc-neo-host.exe?

Hi @kmat617,

Greetings from McAfee. 

mc-neo-host.exe is known as McAfee Neo component host. 

mc-fw-host.exe and mc-neo-host.exe services should be running in Task manager for McAfee to work properly. 

For further details or assistance, kindly contact McAfee Support

Regards,
Abhi

Dojhaa
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

please define work properly. Describe exactly the effect of disabling this particular. I want to rid my computer of any bloatware that is associated with any attempt to sell me something. Example >>> A screen appears saying that my system is infected. A click to discover what the statement is referring to sends me to a BUY something rather than explaining or showing the infection claimed. Running another Quality anti virus finds nothing ??????????? Makes me question McAfees honesty. Is your goal set to provide the service you claim to offer or simply to drain your customers pocket book and add more bloat to their Pc???????????????   Curious

jasonbhug1
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Yeah that's pretty much the typical response and behavior i've come to expect from mcafee at least the last couple years or so. Remove their webadvisor toolbar and see if that helps. when it hits me i just end task and kill it. I keep mcafee blocked from the internet until i update. mcafee firewall is nonexistent so i downloaded a free one. simplewall and tinywall are excellent replacements for mcafee and with tinywall you can see all the numerous processes of mcafee that connect to the internet at random times. then you can block them. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community