cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
as656
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

virus scan getting stuck on mfc42.dll

Mcafee virus scan is getting stuck on C\$INPLACE-TR\..\windows\system32\mfc42.dll

Last night had it run to turn off after scan this was file 1226 in scan it stayed on 7 hours stuck on this. Tried rboot it got stuck on this as file1226 for like 5minuted and said error occored restart scan.

I tried Mcafee virtual technition it said no problems found with my Mcafee system.

What should I do please?

3 Replies
Deepu_S
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: virus scan getting stuck on mfc42.dll

Hi,

Actually this is not an issue with McAfee. McAfee Scan stuck on a file only if file is corrupted or a large password encrypted rar or any other compressed file. But in your case McAfee scan has got stuck on mfc42.dll which is a Microsoft Windows file. The mfc42.dll library is required for windows to operate. It provides a number of classes and code functions that are used in a wide variety of programs . If mfc42.dll is unavailable, any software that relies on the functions that it provides will crash and/or become unstable.mfc42.dll is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing Microsoft Foundation Classes Library may adversly impact your system.This is part of Microsoft Windows. As the scan get stuck on this file it is clear that mfc42.dll is corrupted so, in order to fix this issue you need to replace that file or correct the error on that file. For that you have to contact Microsoft Support of reinstall your Operating System.

as656
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the info, I'm going to try at microsoft forums to see if they can fix it.

rahat654
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

i have downloaded this  dill file  today ... But now facing some error and  macafree cant detect any virus too.Now have found another site . they says if i download this dll file,it will be harmful for your pc.(  site )... Really..?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community