Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
domnic
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

very annoying msoqaz~1.exe very frequetnt and multiple prompts

Dear Experts,

I'm frustrated by this MSOQAZ~1.exe originating from C:\USERS\Emanuel\msoqaz~1.exe

its not letting my work. Though im running McAfee but nothing to my rescue.

Please help me.

Attaching McaFee Virtual Technician Report

Message was edited by: domnic on 2/10/14 1:30:15 AM CST
7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Re: very annoying msoqaz~1.exe very frequetnt and multiple prompts

Please elaborate what is it doing I assume a mcafee scan does not detect it if so try some of these alternative backup scanners

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

domnic
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Dear PeaceMaker im glad to receive a response from you,

i executed MCAFEE GETSUP and found the culprit. Now how can i make  McAfee's Kill this virus.

please check this link too

http://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/spoofed-fedex-shipping-confirmation-please-fulfil-the-documents-attach...

please check the attached screen.Culprit.jpg

Message was edited by: domnic on 2/10/14 5:46:24 AM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 8

If your let getsusp send the file off to Mcafee and added your email addy to its preferences Mcafee will update you re detection and fix. Also you can submit the file as per http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx though getsusp will get it detected for you.

Can you post your getsusp zip log files here and I will notify the tech who looks after it.

Also try scanning with other scanners namely malwarebytes (free) here

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

BTW it is Peacekeper not Peacemaker

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 11/02/14 6:12:28 AM
delish
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Hi Domnic,

While you wait for the McAfee update to be released regarding this infection/file. YOu may also try to rename the file for time being, so that the files becomes unusable. Navigate to the location "c:\users\win7\" and rename the "msoqaz~1.exe" as "msoqaz~1.exeold" which will manage your current situation.

Note: Kindly create a system restore point before proceeding with the above step.

-Caustus

domnic
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Dear Delish i appreciate your interest if i could locate that file on dik i could have deleted it permanently using some tool

Hd.

Message was edited by: domnic on 2/11/14 2:04:09 AM CST
domnic
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Dear Tony,

The getsusp report is already submitted to McAfee I'm very happy with MALWAREBYTES it cleaned 17 infections within a less time.

Now im worried as this free version of MALWAREBYTES is gonna stop in 12 days.

Do i need to purchase it eventhough i paid for McAfee im using ?

What if  i uninstall MALWAREBYTES?

will i get those infections back to their locations and they make my Desktop a Garbage again?

Regards

Hd

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 8

er the  free malware bytes never stops seems you installed the trial full version that will probably clash with Mcafee as it has a real time scanner as well. Remove it and install the free version do NOT accept offer of trying the trial. I have MWB on my pc been there for ages.

No keep scanning with Mcafee and back it up with weekly MWB scans see this

· ...from one of the lead developers of MalwareBytes (Bruce Harrison) :
As far as why MBAMis very good at dealing with malwaren, that is simple.MBAM is designed to be very good at dealing with malware that the AVs seem to be having problems with. I do not spend my time making MBAM detect millions of infections that any decent AV already detects as
MBAM is DESIGNED to work alongside antivirus software, not replace it. A huge chunk of the research that goes into MBAM revolves around what we see making it into HJT threads as the vast majority of these threads involve antivirus software that was in some way bypassed.
Lets settle this now and avoid any further misinformation. MBAM is now a very good backup to any antivirus software and will only get better in the future.MBAM will NEVER add antivirus abilities to itscore app and is always advised to be used WITH antivirus software. We actually get this question a lot in the forums and I assure you that we always say :

"No, MBAM can't replace your existing antivirus software and is not designed to."

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community