Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjabedar
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

unable to install McAfee on Win8

Hi

I just bought a new laptop with windows 8. I have online registration and several unused licences. As soon as installation ends, I get a ne meggase that "the computer ia at risk" and a page that takes me to McAfee. In my McAfee account I see my laptop as a protected device but there is nothing installled on it!

please help .

2 Replies
gopin
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: unable to install McAfee on Win8

Hi,

If McAfee displays that your computer is at risk kindly make sure that your operating system is updated. Because McAfee will be depending upon your Operating system.

And the account which displays that your computer is protected is a place where the name of the computer's will be displayed where you have installed McAfee on it.

So dont confuse yourself. You are having a good software installed on your computer. if some thing is going wrong on your computer obviously McAfee will say that your computer is at risk. So check for the issues in your computer and get it done.

To be more clear what is happening on your computer you can call McAfee Technical support 1-866-62-3911.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: unable to install McAfee on Win8

What software suite are you installing...the name please?   Where are you installing it from and if a CD how old is it?   It sounds to me more like you are running a sales tool called  McAfee Security Scan Plus which isn't an antivirus, merely something to tell you what you need.   If that is the case uninstall it in the normal manner and start over with the proper software.   MSSP is often bundled with Adobe products so it you have just installed Windows 8 and are updating it it's possible you overlooked the option to uncheck this additional sales tool.

Are you downloading from an online account?  Make sure 8 is up to date first, then try.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/08/13 5:59:01 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community