TheMissingLink
Contributor
Message 11 of 40

Re: slow network transfer speed over homenetwork on win7 64bit

Any updates on this as far as you know?

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 40

No change patch is in pipeline but I assume QA testing. As I said it will not be soon ie withing a week or 2.

I will update when I hear anything sorry

sacy
Former Member
Message 13 of 40

Hi!! any news on the patch??

Dinz
Former Member
Message 14 of 40

Hi sacy,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, as informed earlier we are still expecting a date for the patch to be released . And the reason for the long delay is that the solution needs to be tested under multiple research environments so as to fetch good results . Please be informed that we are closely monitoring this issue and I shall update you back when its to be released.

Regards,
Dinesh K

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 40

I've had the same problems - this latest release has crushed my home network file transfer rates, killing backups and such.  I'd typically see 9MB/sec + and the latest McAfee release took that down so sub 100K/sec.  Got to the point where I uninstalled TP 2010 altogether.

I've been watching this thread for a little while, anxiously awaiting this magical target date that has been promised for over a month, yet never comes...

I'm growing tired of having pc's with no protection (yet having paid for that protection).

Chatted with tech support the other night.  Like a few others have stated, they acted as if this was some random occurrence and nothing is in the works at all.

Is this going to happen?  WHEN?  Or are we just waiting for Total Protection 2011?

Message was edited by: DaddyMac on 4/12/10 10:24:40 AM CDT
ChrisBlunt
Former Member
Message 16 of 40

At the very least, we should be given an extension to our subscriptions to cover the period that we have been without protection. My subscription is due for renewal on May 1st. McAfee had better have sorted this out by then if they want any more money out of me.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 17 of 40

Mine was due last Thursday.

No way in Hades I'm renewing til I get something that works.

Checking into alternatives.  But the bummer on this is my wife's new laptop comes with a 15 month subscription to Mcafee and still has about a year to go.  Hate the idea of buying something (again) or having two different services on my network.

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 40

Have you tried the work around mentioned back a bit.

sacy
Former Member
Message 19 of 40

ChrisBlunt , u can try Microsoft Security Essentials first. its free! can get it from Microsoft website. till McAfee have fix the above problem then u can install back total protection 10.

or u can disable your onboard NIC and hook up a spare PCI NIC card for your pc to your network .

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 40

or you can change the settings on the nic that will work.

They have a fix but it will not be in the next patch to be released progressively from tomorrow. It will come a while later sorry, we are not happy wrt this timing as well.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 14/04/10 6:41:06 AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community