Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sacy
Former Member
Message 1 of 40

slow network transfer speed over homenetwork on win7 64bit

Anyone have above problem?? 

one of my desktop that have installed with McAfee total protection 10,
have slow file transfer speed at 168KB/second throught my HOME NETWORK to my NAS .
After i have uninstall McAfee total protection 10 ,the transfer when back up to 5MB/second.

My other Desktop and laptop don't have McAfee total protection 10 installed ,
are transferring file to my NAS at 3~5MB/second

Windows7Home Premium Version 6.1 (Build 7600)
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
McAfee SecurityCenter: 
Version 10.0
Build 10.0.570
Affld 0
Language en-us

McAfee Virus Scan:
Version 14.0
Build 14.0.306
DAT Version 5911
Engine Version 5400.1158

McAfee Personal Firewall:
Version 11.0
Build 11.0.378

McAfee Anti-Spam:
Version 11.0
Build 11.0.261
Content version 3393
Engine version 2.1.0.8571
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
39 Replies
Exoz
Former Member
Message 2 of 40

Re: slow network transfer speed over homenetwork on win7 64bit

I am having the same problem. I just installed the new "sleeker" looking version of McAfee and am having issues streaming media to my Xbox 360 now. After troubleshooting everything it seems to be slow transfer speeds over the network.

From searching around it seems it might be a compatibility issue with onboard NICs.

http://community.mcafee.com/message/106595#106595

Hopefully we can get this fixed soon.

Here is some additional info to try to help.

Transfers work fine on my Windows Vista machine running same("sleeker") McAfee software.

Transfers only work on Windows 7 Machine if I uninstall McAfee completely. (simply disabling the firewall and or realtime scanning doesn't help)

Transfers worked fine with previous version of McAfee installed.

It is narrowed down to the McAfee software, so hopefully they can fix it for us soon.

sacy
Former Member
Message 3 of 40

i have installed the lastest NIC driver for my motherboard but still not working.

and i got a reply from McAfee Tech support, telling me that McAfee Total protection 10 for (Home and Home office)

is not designed to support the RPC protocol which NAS uses while transferring the Data and
They advice me to purchase McAfee Enterprise product which supports RPC protocol
which will not degrade the performance while transferring Data via NAS with complete security.

I just brought the McAfee Total protection 10 for (Home and Home office) in jan this yr. and now they wan me to buy An Enterprise Version for Home uasge??
When i was useing
McAfee Total protection 9 , i didnt encounter slow network transfer speed  -.-''
Exoz
Former Member
Message 4 of 40

Problem Solved for now.

I tried updating drivers for my onboard NIC(Realtek) as well last night with no luck.

Today I picked up a D-Link PCI network adapter. I installed the latest drivers from D-Link and installed the card. Everything works fine through it.

Just seems to be a Realtek/McAfee conflict.

Hopefully they fix it soon, but for now a D-Link PCI network adapter seems to be the ($20)solution.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 40

Known issue there is a fix coming but not next week.

http://community.mcafee.com/message/106767#106767

TheMissingLink
Contributor
Message 6 of 40

I have the same problems: Win7 (64) and a NAS (QNAP TS11) - Gigabit Ethernet connections - McAfee Internet Security 2010

When I use Explorer to transfer files to the NAS: < 50 kb/s (no typo... it is that slow!)

From the NAS is at least 10 times faster (still much too slow of course)

When I use my NAS's WebServer; transfers are much faster but still nowhere near the -theoretical- max of >100Mb/s

I contacted McAfee helpdesk as well (chat) but they need to 'see' my PC (they told me no other customers had this problem...); I'll try to get to do that later today (I'm not behind my PC now).

Any updates would be appreciated but the real thing we need is that McAfee fixes this asap!

TheMissingLink
Contributor
Message 7 of 40

McAfee: we have noticed that forum [this one - TML] and will inform this to McAfee engineering team.

Customer: Thank you; it appears that the engineering team should already be aware of this problem. (1) can you please confirm? (2) When will this be fixed? (3) can I email about this case later?

McAfee: You may please contact back after 48 hr using the Case ID: xxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx. We will inform about this issue to our engineering team.

I'll try to re-connect in a couple of days...

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 40

As I said fix is available but I assume being tested before release. It will come and I will warn all before (if they remember to tell me)

TheMissingLink
Contributor
Message 9 of 40

OK, sorry, I'll wait.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 40

The wait is bugging me and I do not have this issue so I understand your frustration. ( I am waiting for my new PC to return from the shop as both raid drives failed...)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community