cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylg
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

selections in Security config

I am running a desktop with two notebooks networked.

In my Total Protection in the Security conf>Protection settings>Advanced (Ignored problems) There is a page full of items with check boxes. Only two boxes have check marks.. They are 1.Identity protection is not installed in your computer and 2. Security issues reported on one or more computers in your network.

This wording is a bit confusing to me.. "Ignored problems" I don't know what should be ignored.  Can anyone give me clarification on this. Also suggestions which boxes should be checked will be hugely appreciated.

Thank  you for any help you can give.

Syl

2 Replies
MRoutt
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: selections in Security config

sylg,

the "ignored problems" section allows you to tell McAfee which problems you do not wish it to alert you about.

sylg
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: selections in Security config

Thank  you. I now understand that all of the items listed ARE being monitored and if I check one, it will not notify me even though it is being monitored.

Thank you again. It is so nice to be able to get help like this. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community