cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drkknght
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

security center screen is blank

i have the AOL version of security center, and it has always worked fine. today, when i boot up my computer, i get a little ! icon in my system tray that says "your computer is not protected". i double click on that to load up the security center, which pops up a new mcafee screen. however, that screen never loads. it just shows the window with a gray bar up top and a white screen beneath. nothing loads, nothing happens.

i tried closing all windows with the task manager, then reinstalling, but i get the same issue.

any suggestions?
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

RE: security center screen is blank

Are you using Internet Explorer 8 beta? It isn't yet compatible and must be uninstalled.
drkknght
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

ahh, that sounds like it could be it! i HAVE ie8, but i dont use it.

but ill get rid of it now! happy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Even if it's not the default browser it causes many issues. Reboot afterwards and hopefully you'll be OK.

Once IE8 is final all should be sorted out, we hope.
drkknght
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

that did it! 🙂

thanks, ex_brit!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

You're welcome.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community