Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgabriel26
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

security center keep disabling itselves

I'm using window 7 family edition prenium Fr

1st windows says I need to activate windows security center and it says can't start it error window

2nd I start security center via services and it says I should choose firewall/antivirus/antyspyware then few second later it security center is disabled again

3rd mcafee full scan didn't detect anything (up to date) and it say everything is active

any conflict with the system ? can it be a virus/trojan mcafee doesn't detect?

9 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

Re: security center keep disabling itselves

Hi Gabriel,

Try to run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) this is an automated self-healing tool that can diagnose and fix many problems related to your McAfee product. You can download and run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) from mvt.mcafee.com

If the issue still persists, you can run the McAfee Stinger Scan using the following link: http://mcaf.ee/bur5z

fgabriel26
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

It isn't compatible with my computer ie even mcafee tech support couldn't start it

fgabriel26
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

your last link doesn't load 😕

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Hi Gabriel,

This issue requires some more assistance through McAfee Customer Technical Support in order to diagnose the issue further. Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click on Technical Support and get connected to our chat technicians, so that they diagnose the issue and help you to resolve your issue.

TS.JPG

fgabriel26
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

got stinger working I'll be away for 6 hours so I'll see the result then.

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your reply, please do update me on the status.

fgabriel26
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

stinger didn't find anything

fgabriel26
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

events say it closed because an error on line 10 😕 corrupted dll?

"La création du contexte d’activation a échoué pour « c:\program files\microsoft security client\MSESysprep.dll ». Erreur dans le fichier de manifeste ou de stratégie « c:\program files\microsoft security client\MSESysprep.dll » à la ligne 10. L’élément imaging apparaît comme un enfant de l’élément urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1^assembly ; cette situation n’est pas prise en charge par cette version de Windows."

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

The English tranlation of the above says :

The creation of the activation context failed for "c: \ program files \ microsoft security client \ MSESysprep.dll." Error in manifest file or strategy "c: \ program files \ microsoft security client \ MSESysprep.dll" on line 10. The imaging element appears as a child element of urn: schemas-microsoft-com: ^ asm.v1 assembly, this is not supported by this version of Windows. "

And moreover since, there is no detection of a malware from stinger, I would suggest you to check in microsoft forums , with regards to the issue that uyou are unable to start windows security center.

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community