cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sparrownightmar
Former Member
Message 51 of 54

Techs

This guy was level 2, and didn't seem to have a clue about Win 7. His name was Shareeb something. Now I cannot get Mcafee to install at all. Not Total Protection or Internet Security suite. I own 3 user licenses for both. What's worse, it seems to have done something to my registry and permissions when it tried to install. I can't even get Microsofts security package to install. (MSE). The only one that doesn't mess up on install now is AVG free version. Which I have on here now. I reset IE8 twice, but no help. I ran the removal tool and it said it didn't completely remove it and I had to reboot to complete removing files, but that does nothing. It does this every time I try to use the removal tool. I manually checked and there are a bunch of keys the registry will not let me remove which are McAfee keys. Even as Admin, and even using Regedit. I checked some of my logs and I think this started up right after an update a few days back. I am a bit cheesed off now since if I have to reinstall the entire OS, it will take me days to get my system back to normal. I do not like having to waste my very valuable time fixing a mess caused by a buggy software package, especially when the software technician from the manufacturer couldn't even find the setting to disable a browser... I have just over half of my subscription time left for the Total Protection suite, and about 10 months left on the Internet Security Suite licenses. I am probably going to have them wasted because the darn software will not run correctly. That's a LOT of wasted money when your disabled and on a fixed budget.

Peacekeeper
Message 52 of 54

RE: Techs

Before you reinstall the OS wait I have referred this to our Admin to see if he can get a t 2.5 or higher to assist If he cannot.

Re registry have you tried in safe mode that might be more successful.

Usually i haven't have issues with bits remaining causing issues after my uninstalls which are regular occurrences as I am testing the beta version and that requires taking it off regularly.
Sparrownightmar
Former Member
Message 53 of 54

still no joy.

I tried cleaning the registry in safe mode. that didn't work either. If I can't fix this, I will just have to wait until my Win 7 DVD shows up in the mail. Which won't be til early November according to MS since I pre ordered. Then I have to reinstall it anyways.

Peacekeeper
Message 54 of 54

RE: still no joy.

For those still getting this issue 1 thing to look into. Check whether these files are still there
C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MSC\mcsubdb.dat
C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MSC\cache\mcsubdb.bak

If they are not there post back.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community