cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_111713
Contributor
Message 41 of 54

i already verified my subscription 10 times.

mcafee was so annoying i went through the trouble of registering just to post this and say i'm uninstalling it.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 42 of 54

RE: i already verified my subscription 10 times.

Did you try Technical Support Chat (link at top left of this page)??
user_111713
Contributor
Message 43 of 54

mcafee constantly asking for subscription verification.

yes, i did. i verified the subscription from the link suggested and it did not help. the message appeared again. i also tried the automatic fix, i scanned it for errors, etc.
i've been dealing with this program for 5 days and i've only had this computer for 7 days.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 44 of 54

RE: mcafee constantly asking for subscription verification.

I'm sorry - it's a mystery why this hits certain machines and not others. Technical Support can escalate the issue if you ask them to.
Sparrownightmar
Former Member
Message 45 of 54

A.. Hum, no.

I have been watching this thread because I am having similar problems. First off let me say I really appreciate the time you volunteers spend, as well as the effort, to try and fix Mcafee's messy issues.

That being said, I have to say I was originally having the dat file is between 8 and 29 days old error, then another post mentioned a few possible fixes. The first one being to rename the DAT folder to DATold. This completely honked up my Mcafee services to they wouldn't even start. I had to rename the folder back to get it somewhat functional again.

The next try was with the McsubDB.dat and ,bak files. I zapped them and now I get the please verify your subscription error, and when I click to reverify, it immediately says it was unable to verify my subscription. Now unless they have a cray supercomputer running the verification routines, I know it should take at least a few seconds to complete. But it isn't even trying to go out and verify the subscription.

So now I have a completely non-functional antivirus package which I paid a LOT of money for. Mcafee can't even be bothered to have some of their technicians deal with the public. They have to get volunteers to do it for them. I am guessing however that Mcafee probably tells the volunteers very little. They just want to be insulated from the cheesed off users who got ripped off by this buggy pile of 1s and 0s.

I switched back to Mcafee after a 4 year journey to heck with Noprton. The only company who's customer support is worse than the techs at Mcafee. And probably it seems, the only company who cares less about their product.

Mcafee blows a lot of hot wind and platitudes to keep their customers happy when in reality, if not for the volunteers, they would have no reasonable tech support at all.

As for my current issue.. It is making me rethink Mcafee. This is a critical piece of system software. You pay a lot for it. you should NOT have to jump through these hoops to get it to work correctly. It should NOT spontaneously and randomly self destruct, as it seems to like doing. And it most certainly should not just stop working for no reason at all.

I hate wasting time in chat when I have better things to do than be fixing more Mcafee headaches. From watching the forums, I have noticed that most of these very serious and common issues have been around for months, if not years. And Mcafee, true to form, has not even acknowledged them, let alone come up with PERMANENT solutions to them.

Yay for the Volunteers.!!!

Boo for McAfee support....

I'm off to deal with a tech chat drone now... Wish me luck.

Peacekeeper
Message 46 of 54

RE: A.. Hum, no.

Hmmm you mentioned you used Norton when you removed it did you use its removal tool? Having bits of another antivirus software on your Pc will cause all end of funny issues.

Try removing Mcafee by the removal tool in my sig and Peter's and run norton's tool. Reboot then reinstall Mcafee.

This of course if tech support doesn't come up with a fix. The Mcsubdb file issue is the cause we hear but no definite fix available atm tho they are working on a bat ch file to fix it.

WE did not have a call of mods and techs this week due to canada TG day so will have to wait till next Monday to restir re this issue . It is in our stip the pot list.:o

I assume also your PC time clock on correct date?

Not many issues around atm that I am aware of this 1 and the Not protected 1 which is different to the old Not protected issue. Mine is the beta nad working good with a bug or 2 but my wife's 9.15 is stable no errors no verify issues . Why that is the big $ question we'd like to know.

Good luck
Sparrownightmar
Former Member
Message 47 of 54

Yes my clock and date are all correct. It automatically synchronizes every 12 hours. The Norton was on my old system. This is a new system. It has only had McAfee on it.

Peacekeeper
Message 48 of 54

There goes a good idea... 😞

Try chat and ask they escalate it. You will get the uninstall/reinstall speel and it is worth trying that before you call.
Sparrownightmar
Former Member
Message 49 of 54

Did that, no luck.

I did. The first tech escalated it to L2 because he couldn't get their installer to work. The level 2 guy blamed it on IE8 and thought you could strip IE8 out of WIn 7 (which you can't really.) And couldn't even find where to turn it off, then told me to go call Microsoft... Real brainy folks up there, I tell ya.

Peacekeeper
Message 50 of 54

RE: Did that, no luck.

Try resetting IE8 You will have to reactivate any add ons. This works sometimes. Our Techs are T3s and that is as high as they go so we will be having a long talk about this and the Not protected issue Monday.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community