cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 31 of 54

RE: Version

I deleted the email comment you must have grabbed the post prior to me editing it. You already had commented the email address was correct.

Re MVT will have to check up never seen that before.

No sticking keys on keyboard 99% certain not but had to ask. Sorry will get back to you .
Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 54

While chasing a tech you haven't had norton or some other AV/firewall on this PC by chance?

Absolute last thought (actually Peter's) is to reset Internet Explorer note to reactivate Site Advisor and other add ons. This can help in several issues.
user_71929
Former Member
Message 33 of 54

After McAfee was disabled by a virus earlier this year, I had Avast installed as a stopgap until I could get McAfee up and running. This was completely uninstalled once I got McAfee back online several months ago. The verify subscription notices went away for a couple of months then reappeared last month.

Do you have any ideas on the following:

A) why MVT won't run?
B)null how to get the program to stop prompting me to verify my subscription every day?

Thanks.
Peacekeeper
Message 34 of 54

RE Your MVT issue I have no idea but will ask the techs when we talk next monday's phone hook up.

Re the verify issue we might have found the answer. Bala our admin mentioned it could be a corrupted file look for all instances of it (Mcsubdb.dat or .bak and delete them then see what goes. You may have to reverify 1 time.

the files should be found here but if not do a search for them

2.Corrupted McSubDb.Dat file Location (Windows XP)
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC
(Windows Vita and Windows 7)C:\program data\McAfee\MSC.

3.If there is no McSubDb.Dat file, then check whether you have McSubDb.bak file under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC\Cache
(Windows Vista and Windows 7)C:\program data\McAfee\MSC\Cache

Hope this it.

Some posts that address this issue are
http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=173358

His other thought was a root kit virus. I still would like you to scan with the free scanners Peter mentioned they are not ones that try to dupe you into paying we all use them as ajuncts for Virusscan. Mcafee techs suggest them as well.
user_71929
Former Member
Message 35 of 54

I can't understand all that you've stated above. Please edit and use the full keyboard and punctuation. I'll work on this another time.
Peacekeeper
Message 36 of 54

RE MVT remove MVT and try reinstalling MVT please. I fixed above as well
user_71929
Former Member
Message 37 of 54

OK, I removed MVT via the control panel Add/remove programs option, then reinstalled MVT. Now it tells me that "MVT cannot check your computer" and saying that it cannot find any McAfee programs on my PC, even though I have McAfee Security center open and visible in another window.

Rechecking the "About" indicates I have the following installed (as stated above):

Security Center Build 9.15.126
Virus Scan Build 13.15.101
Personal Firewall Build 10.15.102
Site Advisor Build 3.0.1.147

Any ideas what's going on?
Peacekeeper
Message 38 of 54

When you tried to install MVT did a option to repair/remove come up? This is best way to remove it maybe the windows way left bits.
user_71929
Former Member
Message 39 of 54

Thanks guys - I removed and reinstalled MVT, got error message as above, and then said screw it and let Manoj take care of it in a tech support chat session / tier 2 take over PC session. After about 90 minutes on it he removed some old subscription files. We'll see in the next day or so if it worked.
Peacekeeper
Message 40 of 54

Good that is something we cannot do so hopefully it worked. Strange that they would affect MVT as well.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community