cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehorne
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

prompted to 'Fix', could not, asked to reinstall

Today, 17 March 2010, I turned on the computer;  McAfee updated itself and then prompted me to Fix it.  I was not completely protected in E-mail and IM.  I clicked Fix but was told I needed to reinstall the program.  I didn't really believe that and simply rebooted.  After the reboot everything was fine.

I'm sure someone might have actually gone through the process of reinstalling McAfee.  It's been a while since I've had this issue.  Can I assume there is a problem with the E-mail \ IM update portion of McAfee?

Just passing this on.  All the best, Dave Horne - The Netherlands

Message was edited by: davehorne on 3/17/10 9:24:39 AM CDT
2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: prompted to 'Fix', could not, asked to reinstall

Hi dave,

Could you please click on Email an IM and post me with the error message that would be displayed below the FIX button so that we could proceed further.
Also along with your next post provide certain basic information about the computer like :

What is the computer operating system ?
Open security center and click about and provide the version of antispam .
Do you have any other security software installed in the computer ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

davehorne
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: prompted to 'Fix', could not, asked to reinstall

Dinz, while I appreciate your reply, I have the feeling you did not read my post since I stated ... after I rebooted, everything was fine.

All the best, Dave Horne - The Netherlands

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community