Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 15

RE: continuing the thread

You should be updated to SP3 by now. There is help with that here: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=220807

Whether or not you like Internet Explorer, it is an integral part of Windows XP and should be updated to the latest version if only for your own safety. Many programmes, including McAfee, rely heavily on it being installed and up to date, even if it isn't used as the default browser. Also make sure that peripherals such as Java and Flash are also totally up to date and any older versions uninstalled.
fester_1
Former Member
Message 12 of 15

another long post

well it would seem yonkers stopped,but i still find it amazing that using netalyzer and noticing that my route taken goes to stlouis to chicago then atlanta then to the appropriate web page.What i also notice that i goes nowhere near connecuit but i still get 4.245.134.8 out of stamford.What is this spam bots??.
Normal, users on my network in st louis being blocked by the firewall.Not normal ,users in connecuit in my firewall all the time.
2. speaking of IE when i click on custumer support in the mcafee program it loads up http://us.mcafee.com/root/redirects/support.asp?affid=0-628&langid= at 96.7.103.54 which by the way i have a blocking rule created for this address because it generally is not used for anything .Is this a hijack.of course the page wont load and i have to manually type in mcafee .com to get here.cause of the firewall blocking 96.7.103.54.
3. i label this my constant level 3 companion.No matter where i go or who i see i can count on akamai tech to be there with me.I just wish they could go to the bar or work with me too.But lets say i go here to mcafee at 205 website i will notice my companion of some sort at 4.23.60.126 while it is trying to load up the page.Yes how great that i guess they are seeing my surfing habits i guess i can only assume that is what it is.I have webroot and mcafee but they find nothing because i guess this type of spying is awesome since it is akamai.other companion address are 8.15.64 and you get to choose the last number there are many level 3.nets.
4. akamai hijacking - yes i have been having problems with akamai and net frameworking 3.5 sp1 (i show you this because it shows a pattern and microsoft will be contacted about this and two other tickets i have pending with them).downloaded the dotnetfx35.exe in my documents like 240 megs took like 2 days from like 8.17.64.87 everything was fine on that computer.so i went to update the next computer 2 days later it went to install and well it locked up and would not install so i rebooted and then it said i had only downloaded 17 megs.Okay one would think that was the last restore point for the program download.checked windows update like 3 times and each time it said i need days of downloading again.So i went to someone who has charter .com and downloaded and put it on a disk and installed it.After installing it i go to windows update and allacazam window update says it has the akamai version ready to install ,so i played the game and acted like i would install akamai version and yeap it was going to install.I cancelled the install of course because i did not want that corrupt akamai version.Summary windows says i need to download big file to get net frameworking after corrupted install then akamai sees i have frameworking installed on my puter and behold all of a sudden net frameworking by akamai is completely ready to install ,so which is it 17 megs downloaded or ready to install it can't be both.come on with the lame stuff.
5 the dotnetfx35.exe install wanted to download 52 megs to like personalize it for my computer i guess but i have my security down during being installs because webroot mess it up if i don't,so i did not download it.So i downloaded dotnetfx35setup.exe to get the 52 megs it wants so as to stop windows update from trying to tell me i need to install netframworking3.5 sp1.Started the downloaded at 65.54.81.176 all is great download like 10 meg and i went outside,came back inside and checked and it says 1meg from 8.17.64.56 .So it was going great and then akamai takes over and it all goes to crap,what was already downloaded disappeared and it started over from their web.AS droopy says that makes me mad.And they will eventually pay dearly for this.
6.this shows a pattern of corruption by level 3 and akamai and now i finally get to mcafee and your product and its relationship to me and akamai.When you buy internet security 2009 it comes with sc8.1.173 ,vs 12.1.110,along with the other programs .The other programs don't get updated for awhile and are not going to be talked about .Now mcupdmgr wants to update these 2 programs to 8.1.175 and 12.1.111 about 54 megs or so.Some download sites are 8.17.64.78 and 72.246.48.17.Now i had problems with downloads not working properly on multiple computers and it kept resetting and taking days to download these to updates,what gives.I have noticed that windows has update log and was wondering where i can find your update log.i have looked in documents and setting under application data and cant seem to find the right mclog.Something that says querry server ,started download,completed download,installed virus scan.I was only able to find brief discriptions and am looking for something more in depth or either just plain looking in wrong spot.any help where i can find the install log for version12.1.111 for virus scan and 8.1.175 for security center.???
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 15

RE: another long post

I think you worry unduly over too many things.

Logs are encrypted. You would have to contact Technical Support about them.
fester_1
Former Member
Message 14 of 15

amazing

where to start.Well thanks for the url for xpsp3 but i paid 3.50 for the disk so i would have an uncorrupted non akamai version to fall back on if i need to reinstall the operating system on my 3 puters.like 5 months now.but thanks anyway.
About 2 weeks ago i went and updated my mcafee products and well the virus scan had a big download ,so being the untrusting individual i am, i checked my version of this program during the beginning of the huge download.What i found was that i had version 13.3.127 with a dat of 5609.000 with a engine of 5301.4018 now it downloaded something about 45meg or so of something and then i estimate that it updated the dat of 10 megs to 5631.0000.so my question is what was the 45megs for all other versions remained the same.Did something get rereleased because all the other is the same.21 dats for 10 megs approx. and 45 megs for i still cant figure out.And no i will not contact those stupid people at chat,are you kidding me.What a laugh of even remotely thinking i would do that.Have you ever contacted them the only thing they can say is re install,i can do that with out some indian on the web telling me that.
So while i am unduly worrying i go to microsoft and download the 55 megs that it said i needed when i installed netframeworking 3.5 and then it says i need 69.3 megs.okay.so then i goes to download and it downloads 16.8 megs.so it seems that microsoft can not even manage their own websites properly or either akaimai just took over and done what they wanted.you would think that microsoft would be able to tell that you need only 16.8 megs to begin with.same thing with the malicious program (mr.t),it always acts as if it needs to download the whole kb file and then it just updates it instead for that particular month.
So i get to the last reason of this babble,after all of this has gone on i get online today and try and update my mcafee products and the mziman-1 seems to control all of my security updates for all products.That of course is mzima networks,inc in los angles at 69.174.84.10 ,so i squish the download and wont let it ,because i have no idea who the mziman-1 is but i know enough not to just let some server download what they want into my puter.
On a secondary thought my loading of this page has gotten better i only had to hit the red x once so far to navigate this site at 205 after of course fighting off 96.7.103.54 from hijacking the mcafee web page.does anybody know if there is a spyware buddy at 69.12.97.165 at netfire.com ,carnegie melon university because when i loaded up this 205 page they are in my firewall also,is this mcafee ad page or something.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 15

RE: amazing

I have no idea what the 45 mb are for, sorry.

Your machine seems to be wide open to infection for some unknown reason, or at least to strange things I've never heard of.

Have you ever thought of getting an expert to look it over in person?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community