Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnbee
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

no connection with webserver via dreamweaver CS3 after update

Jump to solution

I maintain my website through Dreamweaver CS3. After a McAfee software update. I cannot connect anymore to upload files. I have allowed dreamweaver to connect to the Internet but it does not work. I can only upload files when I have disabled the firewall. I guess I must change something else in the firewall settings, but attempts were unsuccessful.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Re: no connection with webserver via dreamweaver CS3 after update

Jump to solution

There's an extremely old post HERE recommending you set DW to use passive FTP.  Having no knowledge of these things isn't helping me to help you, so I can only search the forums for ideas.

There's also this Adobe help page which I am sure you've already consulted:  http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-ftp-issues-dreamweaver-cs5.html

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/10/13 9:00:03 EDT AM

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Assuming the home products are being used here, open SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email Protection

Click Firewall

Click Internet Connections for Programs

Click the word Program to reorder them alphabetically

Look for anything to do with your programme and make sure it has full permission using the Edit button if necessary

Click Ports and System Services

Check the item File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Ports 20-21

See of that helps.

If not contact Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

johnbee
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter, Tried all this, but still no access trough dreamweaver. I can only connect when I completely turn off the firewall

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

There's an extremely old post HERE recommending you set DW to use passive FTP.  Having no knowledge of these things isn't helping me to help you, so I can only search the forums for ideas.

There's also this Adobe help page which I am sure you've already consulted:  http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-ftp-issues-dreamweaver-cs5.html

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/10/13 9:00:03 EDT AM
johnbee
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I have enabled passive FTP and IT WORKED ! Still puzzled that I have always used DW without passive FTP, but appearently something has changed in the Mcafee software that makes this necessary.

Thank again for your help

regards

John

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Well I'm glad it worked and I honestly have no idea why that is the case, but even Adobe recommends it, so there you are!   😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community