Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpratola
Former Member
Message 11 of 41

Re: mchost application error

Hi !

In this in moment i don't have the PC in front of me whit the problem...

I begin a post  the "character-error" ; this message appear at power-on PC ( after S.O. XP SP3 is charged ).

"szAppName mchost.exe szAppVer 5.0.185.0 szModName McMscShm.dll

szModVer 11.0.644.0 offset 0005f522 "

I tried to reinstall the SW McAfee following the procedure McAfee ( removal tool  ecc ..) , but at end procedure-installatione is appeared this msg

"szAppName rundll32.exe AppVer 5.1.2600.5512 ModName mcmscins.dll

ModVer 11.0.644.0 Offset 000529cd"

After this msg the sw MacAfee is installed and the small icon appear in the fast program XP ( down-right position near the pc-hour ) , but the program not result in the panel-control ->install-remove program and in the desktop too.

At this point if i tried to update manualy or chek the license sw ( my contract end in June 2012 ) , appear this error

szAppName mcsync.exe szAppVer 11.0.644.0 szModName mcmscins.dll

szModVer 11.0.644.0 offset 000529cd

"Si è verificato un errore in Synchronization Application. L' applicazione verrà chiusa

szAppName mcsync.exe szAppVer 11.0.644.0 szModName mcmscins.dll

szModVer 11.0.644.0 offset 000529cd "

follow the screenshot.

Thanks

donkey
Former Member
Message 12 of 41

Hi DInz,

The problem is started in the middle of Dec, probably connected with some McAfee update. Now there are different options if I use my computer (I do not know what is the reason of the different functioning):

1. Computer starts normally and works normally after (this is not the most common option)

2. Computer starts and soon after the above mention error appears. In this case there are 2 sub-option:

2/a. If I click OK, then the error message is gone and everything looks like OK and works.

2/b. I click OK and the message reappears in every 5 sec if I click again. This is the worst, as the wiindow is "always stay on top" mode

3. Computer starts and works fine for a time, but after that a similar error appears in mcsync.exe (if you want I send the address next time I find this error) and after I click OK, the mchost error appears and always reappears as I click OK. (like 2/b).

McAfee Total Protection

McAfee Security Center:

Version: 11.0

Build: 11.0.649

Affid: 0

OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 (English) (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe-111025-1623 (Service Pack 3))

And one more: As this error appeared first I tried to uninstall and reinstall the whole Total Protection suite. I Used the uninstall from Add/Remove programs in Windows then I reinstalled. Now there is no uninstall for McAfee Total protection, it is not listed in the programs list at all (show all as admin). But it seems to work well.

Bye,

Donkey

gpratola
Former Member
Message 13 of 41

McAFeeHost.bmpMacAfee2.bmpMacafee3.bmp

gpratola
Former Member
Message 14 of 41

... sorry for my english , the description by donkey is the same problem that i have ..... I attached the screen shot above....

Please help us

thx

Lifeblood
Contributor III
Message 15 of 41

I currently have McAfee Antivirus Plus and have the following products.

McAfee's Security Center

Build: 11.0.649

AffId: 0

Language: en-us

Last Update: 01/05/2012

McAfee Viruscan

Version: 15.0

Build: 15.0.294

Last Update: 01/10/2012

DAT Version: 6585

DAT Creation Date: 01/10/2012

Boot DAT Version: 6577.0000

Boot DAT Creation Date: 01/02/2012

Engine Version: 5400.1158

McAfee Personal Firewall

Version: 12.0

Build: 12.0.345

Last Update: 11/28/2011

McAfee SiteAdvisor

Version: 3.4

Build: 3.4.0.143

AffId: 0

Language: en-us

Last Update: 09/06/2011

After I downloaded an update on 01/05/2012, which was an update that required a restart, I began experiencing two problems.

Problem Number 1:

mchost.exe application errors. I didn't start keeping track of them until yesterday 01/10/2012.  See the screeshots below.

One McHost.exe Application Error on 01-10-2012, 4:23 PM Central Time

McHost.exe Application Error 2012-01-10 423pm.bmp

One McHost.exe Application Error on 01-10-2012, 5:03 PM Central Time

McHost.exe Application Error 2012-01-10 503pm.bmp

One McHost.exe Application Error on 01-10-2012, 5:22 PM Central Time

McHost.exe Application Error 2012-01-10 522pm.bmp

Five McHost.exe Application Errors on 01-10-2012, 6:51 AM Central Time

McHost.exe Application Error 2012-01-10 651am 001.bmp

McHost.exe Application Error 2012-01-10 651am 002.bmp

These two files below were in the Owner's temp folder, but disappeared before I could copy or view them.  I think mchost.exe crashed and then restarted, and when it restarted it deleted the files.

McHost.exe Application Error 2012-01-10 651am 003.bmp

McHost.exe Application Error 2012-01-10 651am 004.bmp

McHost.exe Application Error 2012-01-10 651am 005.bmp

One McHost.exe Application Error on 01-11-2012, 11:09 AM Central Time

McHost.exe Application Error 2012-01-11 1109am.bmp

Problem Number 2:

Every time I manually update, or whenever McAfee Antivirus Plus checks for updates on it's own, it places a shortcut on my Desktop to McAfee Antivirus Plus.  It appears to be connected with the update that I received on 01/05/2012 that required a restart. 

Unfortunately I don't know what all the Version, Build, and DAT, etc. information was before that update.

I have also have performed a couple of updates since that one, hoping for a fix.

I wish I knew what all of that information was, so that I could help you narrow down when the problem started, and with what Version, Build, or DAT.

I guess I better start keeping track of that information before I perform any update.

I understand that a fix for the Desktop Shortcut problem is being rolled out within the next week or so.  Is that true?.  If so, I'll just wait for the fix.  It's annoying, but I can live with it if it will be fixed shortly.  I just mentioned it so that you'll know that it began at the same time that the mchost.exe application errors began occuring.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by: Lifeblood on 1/11/12 3:47:35 PM CST
gpratola
Former Member
Message 16 of 41

Exactly the same problem

MC1.bmp

MC2.bmp

Note : I have a second PC whit Windows 7 whit this i haven't  problem....

The problem is only  whit S.O XP

SP3

indyo
Former Member
Message 17 of 41

Mchost.exe application errors

Mcafee Security Center

compilation: 11.0.649

affld: 0

idiom:ES

Update: 31/12/2011         

Mcaffee virtual technician,results:

DAT file obsolete

S.O: Windows XP Professional SP3

Here I leave my McAfee report. Can you help, I hope your answer. thank you very much

El mensaje fue editado por: indyo on 12/01/12 8:10:31 CST
indyo
Former Member
Message 18 of 41

Good for the moment, the only temporary solution I can think this error is:

ctrl + atl + delete and ended mcagent.exe process tree, close the antivirus and remove the bottom bar icon, and execute it from the icon on the McAfee folder, open the McAfee splash screen and the left minimized.

It is the only option that found for the moment until we confirm something from McAfee.

From now on, whenever we can close that error for a while, when we can not, repeat the process.

I hope you serve something, a greeting

dad
Former Member
Message 19 of 41

I´ve had the same problem. after removing the starwind.exe out of the task-manager, there was no more error. the same problem on two of my pc with the same reason. starwind.exe is a part of the alkohol 180% - software. I have uninstalled alkohol180% and the problem is gone. test it! it was a softwäre conflict.

behappy
Former Member
Message 20 of 41

Hello,

I started with exacly the same error as mentioned in the orignal post

mchost_error.jpg

"mchost.exe - Application error The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x1005f522."

I reinstalled McAfee and now I am also getting this message

mcsync_error.jpg

I am using McAfee AntiVirus Plus with Microsoft XP SP3

McAfee_AntiVirus_Plus_info.JPG

Can you please help me fixing the error.

Thank you!!!

Message was edited by: behappy on 1/15/12 12:22:23 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community