Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donkey
Former Member
Message 1 of 41

mchost application error

HI,

I have a problem for some days. After I start Windows, the following error is occur (not all, but in most case):

"mchost.exe - Application error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x1005f522."

If I click Ok, then after about 5 sec the same error message appears.

I have this only one of my computers, my notebook is good. I removed the Total Protection and reinstalled, but it has reappeared.

Do you have any idea what can cause this?

McAfee Total Protection (fully updated), Windows XP 32bit SP3 (updated),

2 GB RAM + 2 GB virtual memory, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping3 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

The latest McAfee Virtual Technician states that everithing is OK...

Thanks,

DonKey

40 Replies
peekaa
Contributor
Message 2 of 41

Re: mchost application error

Hi donkey,

I have exact the same annoying message on my PC too. If I click it away it pops right up after a few seconds again. And it's in front of all other screens!

I have this since a few days and I have nothing installed these days, only 2 updates from Micrososft itself . I would be very glad if somenone can help me get rid of this!

(Also Windows XP SP3 / McAfee Antivirus Plus)

peekaa

Message was edited by: peekaa on 12/31/11 1:21:29 PM CST
indyo
Former Member
Message 3 of 41

Hello, I have the same problem, mchost.exe, has produced the unexpected exception of the program (0x0000417) ...... etc

It all started when Mcafee Antivirus Plus upgrade to 2012. I give it to close or accept or cancel and out again.

As this happens, I can not open the antivirus from any direct access or running as administrator.

And when I get Acedo, stops dialing error.

I need help with this annoying problem, and desistalado McAfee and reinstalled and get the same error.

Thanks in advance.

doublev2012
Former Member
Message 4 of 41

Hello, i have same problem, mchost.exe, Error 0xc000041 , location 0x1005f522

I removed the Total Protection, cleaned registry, and reinstalled, but it has reappeared.

The latest McAfee Virtual Technician states that everithing is OK

OS XP 32 bit / SP3 / CPU 4x 2.4 GHz / Ram 3 Go

Thanks for all help

user_182794
Former Member
Message 5 of 41

I too have the same issues.  Virtual Technician shows no issues.  just like doublev, i uninstalled then reinstalled and everything was fine up until the auto-updater ran and updated the program... not it is broke again.  frequently and annoyingly i get the mchost.exe errors popping up and if i try to manually update the total protection suite i get a different synchronization applicatoin error to pop up on that then it tells me it is all the way up to date....  This is quite annoying and if anyone has found a fix for this i would love it for you to share your thoughts/ideas on it.  Thanks!

tvb3210
Former Member
Message 6 of 41

Hiya same problem here, have attempted to debug but annoying message still there,

Mchost.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x1005f522.

If memory serves right, got a message to state a restart was required after the McAfee software updated, did not restart until it went on standby and then next day when i woke PC i did a restart, ever since that message appeared. Any help would be appreciated as nothing i can think of can fix it.

gpratola
Former Member
Message 7 of 41

HI !

I've the same exactly problem...

Please anyone can we help ?

BYE

THX

user_182794
Former Member
Message 8 of 41

Just wanted to let everyone know I resolved the issue after spending a couple hours on the phone/chat wtih tech support.... they had no clue so I removed their piece of sh*t software and chose a different product.  I suggest you all do the same.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 9 of 41

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with regards to the error, In order to get this narrowed down ,  Can anyone post a  screen shot of the error message and also all please let us know the below information ;

McAfee Security center

Version :

Build :

Affid:

Operating system :

Regards,

tvb3210
Former Member
Message 10 of 41

Hiya, here is a screenshot of the error. I will reply with information via email if thats ok Dinish K?

mchost.JPG

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community