cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 11 of 16

Re: auto update

Well I cant say I disagree.This is how I use my computer also.I am hoping that when 2011 comes out they fix this little problem.But not at the expense of an unusable computer.

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 12 of 16

Hi,

My auto update works fine..

Except when it tries to update when there is a scan running..

Thanks.

kvf
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Hi,

Is there a possibility to abandon the "smart"behavior of automatic updates and configure the update using the windows scheduler?

Available now "intelligent" behavior leads to the fact that on a laptop product is not updated NEVER (!), because downtime of 10 minutes does not happen: in 90% of the cases he had already turned off, the remaining 10% - sleeping.

If this is not possible, I'll have to take money back (30 days from the purchase have not yet passed), because every day to run check for updates manually have no desire to.

====

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version: 10.5

Build: 10.5.227

McAfee VirusScan

Version: 14.5

Build: 14.5.130

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 14 of 16

kvf wrote:

Hi,

Is there a possibility to abandon the "smart"behavior of automatic updates and configure the update using the windows scheduler?

Available now "intelligent" behavior leads to the fact that on a laptop product is not updated NEVER (!), because downtime of 10 minutes does not happen: in 90% of the cases he had already turned off, the remaining 10% - sleeping.

If this is not possible, I'll have to take money back (30 days from the purchase have not yet passed), because every day to run check for updates manually have no desire to.

====

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version: 10.5

Build: 10.5.227

McAfee VirusScan

Version: 14.5

Build: 14.5.130

Hi kvf,

While McAfee Monitors these forums, my advice is to call McAfee Home User Sales: 866-622-3911 and make them aware of the reason you want to return the software and ask them, if not this number, what number should you call to get your money back.

kvf
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Hi, thecreator,

Refunds - an extreme measure. Really would not like, because the product is good except the automatic update. I want to configure the normal update (even using "shamanic" methods) and "be happy".

Thanks.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 16 of 16

kvf wrote:

Hi, thecreator,

Refunds - an extreme measure. Really would not like, because the product is good except the automatic update. I want to configure the normal update (even using "shamanic" methods) and "be happy".

Thanks.

Hi kvf,

Got the idea from you:

"If this is not possible, I'll have to take money back (30 days from the purchase have not yet passed), because every day to run check for updates manually have no desire to."

You know the product is good. I know the product is good, especially, when you are used to the product.

However, I would like to see the bugs removed / fixed, period.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community