cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j4nstyle
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Your Computer is at risk - other firewall off

I just purchased the McAfee Antivirus 2012 and loaded it.

But, I'm not sure I'm completely protected as I see the message I posted in my Subject line. 

Can you help?

8 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 9

Re: Your Computer is at risk - other firewall off

Is it looking like this

https://community.mcafee.com/message/130284#130284

Have you another firewall installed. Antivirus comes with a firewall. The other 1 should be uninstalled. I am unsure but installing Mcafee via sustom install might allow the firewall not to be installed but I feel you may get nag screens saying firewall not active of similiar. I seem to rememebr a post saying that.

amk
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Once i was also getting this message again n again which i resolved by changing some configurations. i dont remember exactly now but i guess i had turned filewall ON and this meesage stoped appearing.

j4nstyle
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Yes, exactly

I don't belive any other firewall except Windows firewall is on.  Because I ran throught the uninstall process during the installation of the McAfee software.

On the side of the alert it says I have installed norton internet security, click here to install this feature from McAfee.

I don't feel my computer is protected because I constantly get redirected during searches on the web.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 9

1. When you uninstall norton you have to use the norton removal tool relevant to the version you had installed,. Seems there are registry entries or files still on your PC.

2. Run stinger and malwarebytes from here

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware, Malware & Hijacker Tools

Also good idea to run getsusp 1st it might pick up something and update Mcfaee to it.

add your email to the preferences

j4nstyle
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

No change after doing all the requested task.  Is there a specific name of the Norton removal tool or link you have?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

j4nstyle
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Ex_Brit

I tried this link but still no luck. 

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 9

You best call Tech support they will look into this. It still sounds like you have a firewall active or bits left over. Is the windows firewall off? ( Ok see you say it is on) This not normal the firewall area should say that :These settings are being managed by vendor application McAfee personal Firewall"

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community