cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamCKayak
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Windows 7 64bit Backup Error 0x81000037 when McAfee AntiVirus Plus Real-Time Scanning Enabled

New Dell Laptop, Windows 7 64-bit.  I've just run a full McAfee system scan and found no suspicious files.  3 Tracking cookies (deleted).  Nothing in quarantine.  The system seems clean.

Windows backup is scheduled to run daily, but it fails with error 0x81000037.  Checking the net Internet for causes, I'd eliminated everything, bad VSS, check disk, reparse points.

The last thing I tried was disabling McAfee AntiVirus Plus Real-Time scanning.  The backups complete normally now, however it is inconvenient to disable this for a daily scheduled backup.

Is there any information available on what might be the cause of this conflict and how to correct it?

Thanks.

5 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Windows 7 64bit Backup Error 0x81000037 when McAfee AntiVirus Plus Real-Time Scanning Enabled

Hi sam,

According to the MS article , apparently the problem seems to stem from adding extra folders to your library..Please refer the steps here and please report back if that helps.

Thanks,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

SamCKayak
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Windows 7 64bit Backup Error 0x81000037 when McAfee AntiVirus Plus Real-Time Scanning Enabled

There are many reported causes of this error, and I have read several other forum threads and Microsoft articles.  Can you supply a link to the article you found?

I made every effort to investigate each and every reported cause of the problem (touched on these issues in the initial post).  Disabling McAfee AntiVirus seems to allow Back to run without error which is particularly curious as there are no found issues after performing a 15-hour full disk scan of the workstation.

Doesn't it follow that since Backup runs successfully without McAfee AntiVirus that extra folders in my library would not be a cause as that condition would persist if it were a cause?

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Please find the article here : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973455. But, if its still an issue with being the Real time scanner enabled, please click on Useful links at the top of this page and contact our technicians through chat.

Then, click on my profile page here in forums and send me a private message with the case number you receive from them , i will get your caseup higher if required.

Thanks,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

SamCKayak
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Following your advice, I initiate a Chat session, but the GoToAssist.exe installation fails with a message indicating GoToAssist is not supported on 64-bit systems.

Is there another way I can open a case?

abotti
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Try setting your VSS service to run automatically.  I was having the same issue and that fixed it for me.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community