cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitrofc54
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Why does the McSvHost.exe take's up from 3%to 100% cpu useage?

I have had this problem now since Monday of last week.McAfee 'updated' then as usuall but i had noticed some video playback'hangup/slowdown' at times. I checked the 'task manager' and it was showing this'exe' program bouncing from 3% to 100% cpu useage.I can shut this exe off and McAfee works just fine.

Seems that i cant run or install the 'McAfee Virtual technician' keeps looking for the file on a'network rescource' and i have no clue why. So what do need to do to fix this problem?

I am running windows XP,and it wasnt that long ago i'reinstalled' this product.I cant seems to find the'about' with this version to find what actual numbers are for what part of the program.

Thank you for any help.

2 Replies
nitrofc54
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why does the McSvHost.exe take's up from 3%to 100% cpu useage?

Oops,this is a 2010 version ofInternet Security. So it needs to be moved to that section,thanks.

nitrofc54
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why does the McSvHost.exe take's up from 3%to 100% cpu useage?

Well i guess no one cares to move this,no responce either!Soo i guess im not a person whom  garners a responce by anyone?????  So strange(sarcastically written) as i thought this was a 'support/community' oh well as now'since' they updated and i had to do a restart of the pc after the'update' all seems to be ok now,thanks for nothing i guess.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community