cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
montrose1504
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Why do I have to monthly verify a 3-user subscription???

McAfee Internet Security 2009 is my second and last subscription to McAfee Internet Security that I will tolerate a complete monthly shutdown of the internet security on computers that I have paid for on my 3-user subscription, until I "verify" my subscription. If McAfee is too inept to determine that the computers are the same as the ones registered on the subscription, under the same email address and registered at exactly the same time by the same individual, then McAfee shouldn't be in the internet security business. This should be done automatically by McAfee without shutting off the security and requiring user intervention, and I consider this as a breach of the contract with the user who purchased the product. Unused computers sometimes sit for a week or more before I realize that McAfee has been completely disabled, waiting for me to "verify" that I really have paid for the product I am using. How completely stupid! To make matters worse, when I do notice the problem, I cannot just click the "fix" button to "fix" the problem. Computers on a network are almost never on an administrator account, and McAfee requires an administrator account to "fix" the "problem". So until I take the time to log on to an administrator account on each computer and click the "fix" button, I have no internet security. It certainly has the appearance, if not the reality, that this verification process allows McAfee to reduce their bandwidth requirements significantly by shutting down unaware users on 3-user subscriptions indefinitely until they "verify" their subscriptions. I also believe that McAfee should be liable for any damages to computers that have their internet security shut down. Personally I am not going to "verify" my paid subscription any longer, but simply trash the entire program in the recycle bin the next time it happens.
2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

RE: Why do I have to monthly verify a 3-user subscription???

You shouldn't have to. I would contact Technical Support Chat through the link at top left of this page.
jcarson
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: RE: Why do I have to monthly verify a 3-user subscription???

As you've probably discovered by now, there is no link to chat support from this page... Ex_Brit's post was prior to our new Community release, which used to have a direct link to chat...

You can find that now by following a link to the main support site:  http://service.mcafee.com and choosing a type of problem you have (either Technical Support or Customer Service; when in doubt, go through CS first), you will find a chat link after the main entry point...

As to your specific issue, it sounds like you've used the same email address to register two different products (MIS trial and MTP) with... I believe this would be better handled by Customer Service...

I'd recommend using the "Go to Customer Service" button instead and select the Phone or Chat option (which ever you prefer).

-jc

Message was edited by: jcarson on 11/4/09 1:15 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community