cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debbierayner
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Why can't my other pcs see the router any more?

We have a home network consisting of a Cisco wireless router, 1 laptop, 3 netbooks, 2 xbox consoles and a desktop pc. The desktop is wired to the router all the other machines use wireless adapters. Everything was working peachey until I installed McAfee total security on my laptop and the desktop pc. They are working fine and connecting to the internet no probs, as are the xbox consoles. However, none of the netbooks can now even see the router - they get no response when they try to ping it. 2 of the netbooks are using Norton antivirus and the other is using AVG. I wasted 3/4 hour talking to a McAfee 'support' rep, but in the end all they suggested was that I install McAfee on the netbooks too. Is this really the answer? Does McAfee really block other machines that arent running MCAfee as well? If so, that's pants! Also, how am I supposed to download the software onto the netbooks from McAfee when they can't even connect to the internet? Help please before I uninstall McAfee nd reinstall Norton!!! 

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why can't my other pcs see the router any more?

Hello ,
Please provide us with the following details about the computer;

How many computers do we have on the network ?
Do we have McAfee installed on all the computers ?
Do we receive any errors or such while the netbooks access the network ?

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community