cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jinjan
Former Member
Message 11 of 12

Re: Why Won't My McAfee Update Launcher Work?

@ phebe

yes I had same issue with that too .. couldnt connect to Internet - the previous night the first message flashed up about McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working. Next morning on starting up computer, could no longer connect to internet I ended up contacting our ISP provider who was able to advise on couple of aspects of settings, commenting that it appeared to be with our security program. I think her help was a bit outside of the level support they were supposed to provide, but it only took a couple of moments (after finally getting through) including a 'ping' test and a restart of computer.

But now if you check out McAfee's home page, it does now acknowledge some glitch that was in a recent update and offers a link to follow, if that is of any use.

For me, between my ISP provider and the using the MVT, the issues got resolved and all back up working again.

best wishes

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 12

Re: Why Won't My McAfee Update Launcher Work?

MVT works in 80% of cases but the new FAQ has a repair tool that should do far better.

http://service.mcafee.com/faq/TS101446.htm

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community