cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seckin
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Why Firewall Settings give FULL access to some programs?

I've uninstall- and reinstall the program to solve the issue, however when ever I've click on default setting, Firewall allows  following first 6 programs full access and makes them greyed out so can't be deleted or setting changed. What is the problem. This product seems creates a security hole itself!

mcafee_default.PNG

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why Firewall Settings give FULL access to some programs?

I can confirm I have the same I assume the processes are essential to windows but will check with the techs. Will get back to you tomorrow afternoon

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 30/11/10 6:48:32 AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Those are Windows processes and as such are granted full access automatically.  There shouldn't be the ability to meddle with those otherwise Windows would malfunction.   The logon process would have to use full access as it is a "handshake" type (2-way) process.

All security software makers have to work with Microsoft and others to ensure certain processes are granted the appropriate permissions and are shielded from user-intitiated changes.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/11/10 7:02:19 CST AM
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

Confirmed as Peter says these are essential windows processes that are not to be touched.They are fully safe.

on 29/11/10 3:37:38 CST PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community