Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DerekShaw
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Where has MCPR got to?

Jump to solution

Tried searching and using a number of links which this found but in every case it said the document is unavailable. So where has it got to? I am considering uninstalling and reinstalling my Internet Security Suite to see if this cures a problem which I have and I think that it would be necessary to use this tool after using Remove from Add/Remove programs to make sure it is completely uninstalled.

Derek Shaw

Message was edited by: DerekShaw on 27/03/12 06:54:02 CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
overstood
Contributor
Message 3 of 10
9 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

Re: Where has MCPR got to?

Jump to solution

I checked there too so you Know.It is not there.So you may have to wait for someone from Mcafee or a Mod to give you the Info.

overstood
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Sorry folks - they changed the FAQ's around without warning anyone.

The FAQ on it is HERE.

Apprently there's a problem changing the link that is now dead, shown under Useful Links at the top of the page.

They're working on that.

DerekShaw
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you

This link proved helpful in listing the exact procedure required to uninstall and reinstall.

Derek

DerekShaw
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you.

This found it. From the other posts it looks as though the previous links will be updated to find it again - in due course!

Derek

I may have accidentally posted this twice - sorry if I did.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

That's fine, glad it helped.  If you ever need to find something either do a forum search as in my signature, although in this case most links would lead to the old, now dead, FAQ, or go to the Technical Support main page via Useful Links at the top of many pages, or McAfee Support at the top of all Consumer pages, or right-click your taskbar icon and select Get Help.

There's a FAQ search function on that page.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello Derek and overstood,

I apologize for the inconvenience. The original document was disabled while we troubleshoot some site issues. To try and mitigate the problem, I republished the instructions at the link Ex_Brit provided. I'm working to get that original link reactivated so all the direct links work again. When I have information on this, I'll update this thread so you guys are in the loop.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello guys, I've got an update for you!

The original MCPR document had to be disabled for troubleshooting purposes, as mentioned. Well, the end result is, unfortunately, that document became totally corrupted in our KB database and had to be unpublished. In the interim, the information it contained was put into a new document, TS101331.

After all was said and done, I got confirmation yesterday that we will not be able to recover that document. So what I've done to remediate this problem is:

• Imported all the translated versions of TS100507 into TS101331 - making the new version the official version.
  • Requested the useful link at the top of the Community be updated to point to the new version (thank you Chris and April for making that happen).
  • Sent notifications out to our site moderators and our support agents that TS101331 is now the official place to get this content.

Here's a direct link to the article, and I apologize for the inconvenience this problem might have caused. Thank you for bearing with me while we resolve it.

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal t...

Or: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101331

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

The link in Useful Links is now fixed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community