cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coldfingaz
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

What is the difference between SecurityCenter and AntiVirusPlus?

I have subscriptions for both, and they renew at different times. I'd like to consolidate everything into one of these services or the other, but I don't know exactly what the differences are... can only assist?

Thanks!

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: What is the difference between SecurityCenter and AntiVirusPlus?

SecurityCenter is the name of the user interface you see when you open the software on your desktop, it holds all the different components and Antivirus Plus is the name of the software package you are using, including VirusScan.   VirusScan updates daily and the rest less frequently but if you appear to have dual accounts then the only people who can sort it out are Customer Service and it's a free phone call:

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call us at 866-622-3911.

Average contact length: 10  minutes

Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes

Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/12 10:01:50 EDT AM
coldfingaz
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Thanks very much for the quick reply!

They are not so much "dual" accounts, but I have 3 licenses for SecurityCenter and 2 licenses for AntiVirus Plus.

I do need 5 licenses in total, but the renewals are a pain in the neck because they expire at different times plus I'm not clear on the differences of these 2 services or the renewal costs for either.

I'm surprised there is no summary of specific services covered by each subscription or what the renewal costs will be. This info is nowhere I can find under My Account, which seems very odd to me.

Bottom line is I'd like to find out what the service + cost differences are so I can figure out which one to keep on auto-renew and which to roll into the other service when current licenses expire.

Thanks again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

They changed the account pages recently and even I find them confusing, and we Moderators have complained, so they are aware of the issues.    Customer Service can possibly consolidate accounts if you wish.  Those names are merely names, but I agree, it gets a little confusing at times especially since it appears that marketing are slowly changing the product names anyway..

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

BTW they can also explain the differences in the accounts and the software associuated with each.

coldfingaz
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Thanks again, Peter

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

OK good luck 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community