cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paperless
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Virun is USB.

Hi there. I use SC9, and yesterday when i plugged in my usb i scanned it to see if there was any virus.

2 virus files were present, and McAfee quarantined it.

I completely formatted my usb and scanned it again and there were none.

But what i want to know is that when i ran McAfee and clikced advanced options, and the detected history, i could see that i can actually

restore or delete 2 quarantined virus files. Then, does this mean that i can revive the files and does this mean that the

virus files in my usb transferred to my pc? How come i can delete the quarantined file in my usb when i formatted it stick :O.

I Ultimately deleled the files but just wondering .

Please answer!

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Virun is USB.

Yes you could have restored the files to the state they were prior to the cleaning - which is useful when VirusScan removes something it shouldn't.  But they weren't threatening your computer at any time because they are encrypted when they are in the quarantine folder on your computer.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community