Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul1982
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Upgrade

Dear Members,

first let me apologize for any inconvenience or picking up a topic answered before (at last, i didn't find it...)

I got a Sony Vaio with the McAfee Internet Security Suite 2008 installed on it (as an trial version).
I bought the MIS and made it to a "full version". It automatically upgraded to Version 9.0 via auto-updates.

Last Saturday i had to reset my Laptop and reinstall my windows. My McAfee Internet Security Suite updated all my virus definitons ("no more updates available"), but didn't upgrade to version 9.xx .

Any ideas? Maybe any connex to the trial version?
I already logged in in "my account".

thank you in advance,

Paul:rolleyes:
Labels (1)
3 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

RE: Upgrade

Did you install the McAfee from your account or you found that the McAfee was installed when you re-installed the operating system?( if the second scenario is true you may need to remove the current installation reboot the machine and then log into the McAfee website and then into your account and download it from there directly.)
Paul1982
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Second thing.

Is there any possibility to upgrade without uninstalling and installing the whole thing?

It already updated to the 9.xx version before, maybe it upgrades after the trial version ends.

thanks
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Always better to uninstall any trial versions or previous versions before installing any new software. See this document for detailed information: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ....
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community