Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notbobsmith
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Updating LiveSafe

Hi,

Last week, LiveSafe must have updated for me given the change in the UI.  However, when I rebooted the system, I noticed the McAfee icon was missing from the system tray.  I tried launching McAfee from the Start menu and even from the main directory and I couldn't get it to launch.  Everything was working fine before the reboot.  So I decided to do a clean install.  But now I am back on a previous version (16.0 R51).  I've tried updating with "Update app" but it says I am already up to date.  So first of all, what is the most current version of Live Safe?  And second, how do I update to that?

Windows 10 Home 22H2

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: Updating LiveSafe

Latest is r109. It initially had task bat icon missing but has been fixed so I gather. Reinstalling gives r51 it will update in due course. See what the mods say

notbobsmith
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

So it's been a few days, but no update.  There really no way to force it to the current version?

notbobsmith
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

So McAfee did eventually update a few days after my last post, but I still have a lingering problem:

A few months ago, I finally updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Ever since, I have been unable to run a full scan in a reasonable amount of time.  I have ~1.1M files on a mechanical drive, but before a full scan would take a few hours.  I would just let it run overnight.  Now, even after 8 hours it's only about half done.  I contacted support when this first happened, and he suggest a complete uninstall/reinstall to no avail.  I've tried again after the newest version became available.  I was hoping the update to the latest version would fix things, but it hasn't.  Any suggestions?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community