cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yorkshirelass
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Unable to verify subscription

Ever since I installed the Microsoft Security patch for Internet Explorer on December 17 th. I keep getting a message from McAfee that my subscription cannot be verified and that should re- install the programme.. The security center tells me that my McAfee is up to date and is working OK. My subscription expires in August 2009. Any idea on how I can fix this problem please ? I do not have the McAfee installation disc, it came to me pre-installed. Many thanks in advance for your help.:confused:
Tags (2)
8 Replies
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

RE: Unable to verify subscription

hi,

what is OEM of your computer?

also try running the McAfee Virtual Technician here and post the session id here...
yorkshirelass
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

RE: Unable to verify subscription

I'm sorry to have been so long in replying but my computer crashed and i had to reinstall everything. The problem with McAfee was solved by the re-install. Thank you for your help.
hbuchholz1
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Re: RE: Unable to verify subscription

Hello,

I m having exactly the same problem. Unfortunately when I try to run the Virtual Technician it tells me that it cannot connect to the internet - my computer is connected to the internet with no difficulty.

Help please

HB

kmrahul1
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

hbuchholz1
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Hello Rahul,

Thanks for the response. My O/S is Windows XP.

I have followed your recommendation to the point of going to the get the email link. Nothing happens when I try to go to that page - blank broser screen.  My account informaiton states I am authorized to download McAfee to three computers (Bank of America offer). The first install went fine on a Windows 7 machine. Tried to reinstall again this morning using your link with the same result.

In step two it initially states that I have no installed McAfee products.

Help once again!

Harald

kmrahul1
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

hbuchholz1 ,

Did you try uninstall/reinstall on this case or not?

Is it a CD install or web install?

can you contact us through free ts chat?

hbuchholz1
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Rahul,

Yes, I have reinstalled at least times.

This was an on-line install (a Bank of America promotion that gave me three licenses, one of which has already been successfully installed on a Windows 7 machine)

Yes, I am availble to chat on-line for the rest of this day, Tuesday.

Harald

hbuchholz1
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

Rahul,

I am still unable to verify my subscription and it has now been weeks since this problem started.

What is the next step?

Harald

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community