cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpjoyce
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Unable to run install Windows 10 - This app has been blocked for your protection error

I'm using windows 10 and trying to reinstall and download the "setup_serial_<serial number here>_pw2_key_affid_105_akey.exe and I get an error that "User account control has blocked the app for my protection".  I have tried to run as the built in administrator with no luck.  The certificte on the file is showing as "This certificate has been revoked by its certification authority". 

3 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to run install Windows 10 - This app has been blocked for your protection error

@gpjoyce wrote:

I'm using windows 10 and trying to reinstall and download the "setup_serial_<serial number here>_pw2_key_affid_105_akey.exe and I get an error that "User account control has blocked the app for my protection".  I have tried to run as the built in administrator with no luck.  The certificte on the file is showing as "This certificate has been revoked by its certification authority". 

It looks like UAC is blocking the installer from executing however it would be helpful if you post the screeshot of the error message.

gpjoyce
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Unable to run install Windows 10 - This app has been blocked for your protection error

Hi Yes, UAC is blocking the install.  I have tried to overcome this by logging on as the windows 10 built in system admistrator but I still get the same error.  When I investigated further, I see the error that the cerificate issuer has revoked the certificate (the certificate is still showing as valid to 2019).  I also see comments on the web about the certificate level??  I will post an update after my son gets home from school and I can access his laptop (this one with the problem).

gpjoyce
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I have signed in as the built in adminismistrator in windows 10 and I have received the same issues.  I have shots of the screen and of the properties of the file.

not sure how to add the images to this forum however,  I can email them  if wanted

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community