cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebelleboo2
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Unable to install antivirus plus 2014 - bought elsewhere

Help, I bought McAfee's antivirus plus 2014 from a retailer and can't find a link to install it on my computer.  After logging in, their instructions state an "install helper" will display - it doesn't.  I tried to install technical support equipment, which is mandatory before tech support will answer emails - I could not install it - I don't know why.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to install antivirus plus 2014 - bought elsewhere

Hi ebelleboo2

Please use the below link to activate your product.

If you purchased a Retail CD - www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcd

If you purchased a Retail Card / Ecard - www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard

Choose your country from the dropdown and activate the product Using Email and Password.

Post back for Clarifications..!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Moved this to SecurityCenter as a better spot.

ebelleboo2
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your advice, however that is the link I used.  Any other advice?  Ebelleboo

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 7

Hi ebelleboo2,

Once you logged into McAfee Home Click on My Account at the top right to see the list of Products that you have subscribed to. Please check and revert back if you have AntiVirus Plus listed there based on which I will give you further instructions..!

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 6 of 7

ebelleboo2 wrote:

Help, I bought McAfee's antivirus plus 2014 from a retailer and can't find a link to install it on my computer.  After logging in, their instructions state an "install helper" will display - it doesn't.  I tried to install technical support equipment, which is mandatory before tech support will answer emails - I could not install it - I don't know why.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi ebelleboo,

Have you had any Anti-Virus installed on your computer, before buying the software? Also what is your Operating System and Service Pack installed?

Ex: Windows XP Professional 64-Bit Service Pack 1

This information helps a lot.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

This link will assist you in installing the software      http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100119

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community