Moved to SecurityCenter 10 - 2010.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/12/10 7:05:36 EST AM
PrakashMcAfee
Contributor III
Message 12 of 17

Re: Unable to activate Total Protection 2011

Jump to solution

Hi,

If  I am understand you correctly after you installed the McAfee software. when you try Activate it remains in the activation Screen for ever.

In this case what you can do is ..

1.Ran McAfee Removal tool . Click here > http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

2.When you try install McAfee through your disk chose Custom installation and install McAfee Anti spam alone.

3.Once installation was completed try to activate McAfee.

4.If Activation completed successfully then open McAfee and click on Navigation option in top right hand side.

5.In Navigation windows click Features in left hand side and installl rest of the McAfee features.

on 12/25/10 8:46:11 AM CST
krahl3665
Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Jump to solution

Thanks for the assist everybody  !!!!

The correct solution to my problem is in post by PRAKASH A 12/24/2010 @ 4:18 pm.

I would still like to know what the folder sysprep does and why did it fix my activate/connect problem when I renamed it.

Found my lost product key (my stupid fault). I have now full verification to subscription.

Thanks all

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 17

Jump to solution

I guess only Prakash can answer that.   Glad you are sorted out.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/12/10 7:35:21 EST AM
PrakashMcAfee
Contributor III
Message 15 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi,

Sysprep is a tool designed for corporate system administrators, OEMs, and others who need to deploy the Windows® XP operating system on multiple computers. After performing the initial setup steps on a single system, you can run Sysprep to prepare the sample computer for cloning.

Product Activation is designed to work with drive imaging products that are available from third-party manufacturers. You can use the Sysprep utility that is included with Windows XP to reset folder to activate.

andyadams
Former Member
Message 16 of 17

Jump to solution

NO barcode key as shown was included in this retail purchase?Why?I can just sign up for a 30 day trial?How to use it for longer?

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 17

Jump to solution

Best to call customer service

Services and Support for Home and Office

I assume you paid normal price for it? The guys at the call centre will help you sort this out.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community