cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_61614
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Unable to access McAfee VirusScan

I have McAfee 3-User McAfee VirusScan Plus (VirusScan 13) installed on my PC, however at the moment I am unable to access VirusScan. Whenever I click ‘Scan’ on McAfee SecurityCenter it just reloads the home page. I can still run scheduled scans but I’m unable to run a manual scan or remove potentially unwanted programs. Any help would be much appreciated.
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
3 Replies
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

RE: Unable to access McAfee VirusScan

cj.young;533654]I have McAfee 3-User McAfee VirusScan Plus (VirusScan 13) installed on my PC, however at the moment I am unable to access VirusScan. Whenever I click ‘Scan’ on McAfee SecurityCenter it just reloads the home page. I can still run scheduled scans but I’m unable to run a manual scan or remove potentially unwanted programs. Any help would be much appreciated

This problem is beacuse of Internet Explorer. I'll give you some symptoms please check it out.

Open-> Security Center->Click on Advanced menu-> Click on option Restore.

This will return an internet explorer error.

Another symptom will be APPLY button in advanced configuration options of Virus Scan will be graded out.

Try the below tool

Download IERegFix.bat and save it to your desktop:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IERegFix.bat

Locate IERegFix.bat on your desktop and double-click to launch.
Once launched, you will be presented with press any key to continue. To execute, press any key on your keyboard.

If this doesn't work. reinstall your internet explorer.
user_61614
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

The tool has resolved the problem. Many thanks.
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Welcome.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community