cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jutev
Former Member
Message 11 of 15

RE: Unable to Renew Expiration Date

I just ran the virtual technician and everything is working fine with this installation. No problems reported. I then ran the link that tells what email address I am registered with -- it has my email address but has a prefix of junk_00 in front of it. I have never used an email address with junk_00_xxxxx. I haven't changed my email address for years. Something is messed up with my account with McAfee. I don't know if this is what the problem is with trying to update -- but something is messed up. I have been getting the updates regularily for the past years. I have tried talking with Customer support -- I started there Thursday night -- they were of no help. I've spent about 10 hours minimum on trying to get this working. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of someone from McAfee that can help me -- not Customer Service. I was transferred to at least five people -- have numerous tickets assigned to me from Customer Service -- no help.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 15

If your products are working fine then there isn't really anything to worry about.
Account issues can't be dealt with here as we have no way of checking them, only that phone number can help.
Technical Support Chat should be able to check your applications remotely and ascertain why they are showing an expiry date earlier than it should be.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 15

By the way, they have a new 30-day free support phone number, if it's within 30 days of you purchasing the product online or on a CD: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=224003
jutev
Former Member
Message 14 of 15

After talking with Customer Support, we were told that after completing this installation, our subscription would automatically renew after the expiration date. So I guess we'll find out on 9/30 if this really has been renewed. Our expiration date on the Security Center still indicates expiring on 9/29/2008.

It would have been really helpful if there would have been some type of notification provided that indicates our subscription has been renewed for a year. Instead we have wasted many many hours of our time, other customer support people, and the help of others on this forum.

The Customer Support person I just talked with said they have been through this before -- however, none of the Customer Support people (5 or 6 of them) I talked with Thursday night seemed to know anything about this automatic renewal after installation. Unbelievable!

Thanks everyone for help.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 15

I agree it seems unbelieveable. But, having worked for a huge corporation myself, I can fully understand how information somehow fails to reach those who should have it first, or if it does, how so many of them fail to take note of it.

Sorry about that, I'm only an unpaid volunteer here. Good luck on the 30th.

Moved to the solved area. If the problem recurs after that date start a new thread.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community