cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJ2
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Two Factor Authentication Code Not Being Sent To My Phone

I cannot log into my account as the verification code is not being sent to my phone. I have received codes before but today it's not working.

I've tried rebooting my phone and reinserting the SIM but to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?

BTW how do I get onto customer service at McAfee? The support web site just leads me around in circles... 

5 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 6

Re: Two Factor Authentication Code Not Being Sent To My Phone

Hi @CJ2 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Please let us know the following to assist you better

1. Operating system details.
  2. McAfee version details.

Alternatively, We recommend that you contact our consumer support on 1-866-622-3911 or You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Hari

CJ2
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks! I was able to get onto support with your link and it turns out to be a known issue at present and is being worked on.
Ryan_H2
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

It's still an ongoing issue as of 29 Aug 2023......

So secure until we cannot login to our accounts as the 2FA is sent to space to god knows where.

ringoshin
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I have this problem on both my mobile and from the website. I am unable to login to my mobile app or from the mcafee portal using my login credentials. The verification code is never sent to my mobile at all. 

Clicking on 'resend' never works for me.

When i chose "sign-in with a one-time password", the one-time password only led me to the same page to be authenticated by mobile verification code again, which I could not receive at all in the first place. This is getting really silly.

Can someone help please?

Ryan_H2
Contributor II
Message 6 of 6

This issue has been for months now. 

Seems like a global issue and the best part, Mcafee is trying so hard to reject refunds by trying to give consumers some crap and bull stories.

Latest i heard from the technical support., Mcafee is releasing a software update in the next 2 to 4 days and it will resolve all the 2FA issues.

But, do you believe Mcafee now?

If you can meet the refund policy within 30 or 60 days, i suggest you do a refund immediately and switch to another provider.

Mcafee treats consumers like dirt pushing them around in circles with the same scripted nonsense they all read off the response to consumer bulletin / memo.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community