cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyMotteberg
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Trying to register McAfee

I'm not sure if I'm posting this on the right board or not. I recently bought McAfee Total Protection 2009 for my PC. I installed it. My Protection Status says "Am I Protected? No". When I click Fix, the box comes up in the corner of the screen that says I need to register. I checked the box for Register my products now and clicked OK. NOTHING HAPPENS. The box comes up all the time and when I click OK, the box dissappears and nothing happens. What is the problem? I've re-installed it and that did not fix it, I emailed support and they sent me a link to the FAQ's, none of them are my problem, I downloaded McAfee Virtual Technican and that did not fix it either. What is wrong??? I just bought this McAfee software and I'm not even protected sad :mad: Please help!!

Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: Trying to register McAfee

Make sure that your machine clock is accurate both time/date and timezone-wise.

If you are running Internet Explorer 7 go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the Reset button. OK and exit, close and reopen IE7.
You will have to-enable all the browser add-ons.

If Internet Explorer 6 - go to Tools/Internet Options..
General tab: clear cookies, history and temporary files
Security tab: set all zones to default
Content tab: disable Content Advisor
Advanced tab: set to default. OK and exit.

See if that helps.

Also see this FAQ: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100431&lang=en_US&prior_tid=17&AnswerID=16777229&tur...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community