cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScarlettJohanso
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Trying to install total protection 2009

it will not install. says that after install everything failed.

so i tried to uninstall its not in add remove programs.

then i tried to update subscribtion and said i had to buy another one.

tried running technition program and it says there is nothing installed. when i try to reinstall the program shuts down.
9 Replies
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

RE: Trying to install total protection 2009

hi,

a couple of questions, though:

- did you have any other security software installed on the computer?
- what your computer's OS specs? (RAM, processor, IE version, manufacturer)
- is your computer fully updated? (windows and java updates)

for the meantime, run the McAfee removal tool here, do a search of all McAfee files and folders (including hidden ones) and delete them. afterwards, reinstall your product.

hope it helps
ScarlettJohanso
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

no i dont have any security software installed. i have installed it a hundred times. but since i just reloaded it will not work for some reason and its getting on my nerves. i just paid alot of money for this software and i cant install wtf?
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Try to follow the steps given and see if it will work. if it doesn't, try contacting Chat support and let a technician guide you to fix the problem.
ScarlettJohanso
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

wheres that british dude he knows what to do all the time.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

Red X during install

sorry to butt in... i think Ex_Britt is out for the holidays... but let us try to help out while he's away... hopefully he'd get back ASAP to attend to matters such as yours... 😄

i would assume that the information above would be described as having X marks beside the products being installed right?

if that is the case i would follow what earthdragunz suggested:

1. run the mcafee removal tool
2. download your mcafee through us.mcafee.com
ScarlettJohanso
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

RE: Red X during install

ok i downloaded the removal tool and it worked. however this is whats going on.

but this keeps happening. im reluctant to reformat because ive had alot of issues with verizon.

bua_ako
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

hi,

please try to download and run a compelte scan with this free tool... check if there are infections in the system...

click here for the website... make sure to check for latest definitions and then run a complete scan... if items are detected make sure to remove all of them... re do a scan to make sure that all infections are gone...

afterwhich, try reinstalling mcafee...
ScarlettJohanso
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

i downloaded that free trial of that virus software but all it found was some adware tracking cookies.
Fyzy09
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

McAfee Tier 1 Tech

Hi,

If the screen shot which shows the Red X marks for all the products in the master installer, it means that there are certain files from the older version of the software still there on the computer.

You can download the tools below and save it on the desktop one by one. Then you can double click on the tool saved on the desktop and run it. This is an exe format file which runs after scheduling it self. So please wait for it to do what it has to do and then restart your computer ever time a tool is finished running.

The tools are as follows.

VirusScan removal tool:

http://snipr.com/vsremove

Privacy Service removal tool:

http://snipr.com/1rb0f

SpamKiller removal tool:

http://snipr.com/7agxu

Firewall removal tool:

http://snipr.com/9arjb

After all the above tools are run successfully restart the computer and run the MCPR tool from the http://us.mcafee.com/root/mcpr2.exe and restart the computer again.

After the computer is come back up try downloading the software again and it should surely work.

Regards,
Fyzy
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community