Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bean23
Contributor II
Message 1 of 2

Tracker Remover, Virus Scan

3-11-2023

McAfee Total Protection and Tech Support have become a big disappointment. I have worked with 4 techs on two different occasions to get these problems solved.

• Tracker Remover gets stuck on Internet Explorer. It just spins for all eternity. Therefore, I can’t remove trackers from my system.
  • Security History shows absolutely no information after I run a scan; no date, no time, no # files scanned, or type of scan run. Now if I look in Security Report, I see the date a scan was run, but no time, no type of scan run.
  • My Tracker Remover settings keep changing without my direction or knowledge. Boxes are being un-checked.
  • I get popups several times a day telling me that a scan has been run and my computer is safe.

The techs can’t tell me what the problem is nor can they fix it. Regarding Security History, one tech told me this is known problem and I just have to wait to they get it fixed. Meantime use Security Report. The techs have uninstalled and then reinstalled my McAfee Total Protection twice. The problems still persist.  It seems your techs just want to remote access my computer to uninstall and reinstall McAfee and tell me to try running the programs for a few days to see how it works. What the H is going on with McAfee/INTEL? I have no idea how well my computer is protected, if at all. My case number is: 1-1354088221. Please get this fixed.

I am running Windows 10 Home 21H2

@bean23

1 Reply
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 2

Re: Tracker Remover, Virus Scan

Hi @bean23 

Greetings from McAfee.

We regret to inform you that this issue is not resolved yet. It is still under discussion with our engg. team. We will keep you posted once the issue will be resolved.

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community