Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raisa
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Total protection 2009 - updates cause corrupt applications

I have two major problem happening with TP2009

1. If I have automatic updates activated, whenever it does an auto-update it stuffs up my flash player (amongst other registry entries, depending on the update, but that's the main one). Flash player is essential for my work and my access to Oracle Metalinks and it wastes many many minutes of my week downloading Flash AGAIN and setting it up. Before, when I didn't have TP2009 installed I did not have this problem.

2. The solution to the first problem (it seems) was to turn off the automatic updates.

Now however I get the message saying "Your computer is not fully protected" and "Your updates are over 7 days old". I have right clicked on the 'update now' in the mcaffee tray icon and supposedly the update has occurred ok. The log says that last update was 11/7/2008 (that's today as I write this...) yet the "Your computer is not fully protected" message remains. Going to the mcaffee interface/dialogue box and clicking on "Fix" does nothing (as usual it seems)

...Frankly if this keeps happening I'm ready to chuck it in altogether as I can't afford to keep wasting time at work getting the mcaffee to work properly everyday. I've been having hassles with mcaffee ever since I installed it, and I'm ready to remove the whole damm thing and go and buy Symantec's Nortens or somesuch... how do I get my money back that I wasted on Mcaffee?

I'm using a DELL laptop running winXP pro
2 Replies
Raisa
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: Total protection 2009 - updates cause corrupt applications

so...

no answers for this one huh?

good one mcaffee... you're a BIG help... NOT!
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Sorry about that...

Sorry if you have waited quite a while for an answer to your inquiry...

However, since your manual update is working fine you can shut down automatic updates and put a check mark in the ignored problems list as a work around so your mcafe would stay protected... however, if you do this you may need to run manual update every now and then...

Regarding the money back i think that you may need to call customer service if you purcahsed total protection online... i'm pretty sure that they'd be able to help you out on this... but mcafee total protection 2009 is so far a good product for me... as a home user i haven't had any problems with it... especially conflicting with the flash player... but i'm not sure though why auto mcafee updates would flush your falsh installation...

hope the information provided helped out...

by the way... sorry again for the delay in the response... moderators and other volunteers may actually be resting as of the moment... grin
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community