cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcgonzi
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Total Security 2009 takes 3-4 days to update DAT

Since last week I noticed that McAfee is not daily updating it's DAT definitions as before.

Now it takes 3 to 4 days to update. Is this normal?

Right now (February 5th) my DAT creation date shows 03/02/2009 and when tyring to manually update it, i get the "Your programs are up to date" message.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance for your help.
7 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

RE: Total Security 2009 takes 3-4 days to update DAT

Hi,
Please clarify/follow the steps bellow
What is the operating system that you use?
Windows XP: Go to Start > right click My Computer > click on Properties and on the General tab you'll find all the information, incl. any installed Service Packs.
Check the DAT Version of the McAfee Virus Scan, DAT file created Date. (McAfee Security Center-> Click in the Bottom Right Corner about  McAfee Virus scan Dat created Date and version)
Try Updating the McAfee using the Update button in the McAfee Security Center after running the MSCPRXFIX (KB Doc ID: TS100291)

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MSCPRXFIX.exe.

Run McAfee Virtual Technician (http://service.mcafee.com/MVT.aspx?MVT=1&&lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1)

Do you experience any kind of pop-ups or Alert regarding the Virus/spyware in the computer?
mcgonzi
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Since I posted (February 5th) I got updates the 6th and yesterday, february 8th.

Probably McAfee is not releasing daily updates? if so, then there is nothing wrong with my software. Please let me know.

Many thanks!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

They are daily, or at least supposed to be daily, however I've found the odd day to be missed which isn't all that unusual from past experience.
mcgonzi
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Yeah, the missing updates on odd days is strange... I will be checking carefully for any other strange behaviours and will let you know.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Well you can imagine how unpredictable my updates are as I'm constantly rebooting between 2 x XP Pro SP3's, Vista Ult SP1 and Windows 7 Beta, although the latter isn't yet compatible with McAfee, or should it be the other way around.
mcgonzi
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Hello again. Just to let you know that everything is working OK now. McAfee updates daily and yesterday I got a major update for: Security Center, ViruScan, Firewall, etc.

Thanks to all for your replies!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Glad to hear it.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community