cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJIsaacson
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Total Protection subscription question

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, but I didn't see one specifically for the Total Protection suite. In any event, it's more or less a generic McAfee question.

I have a 3-computer license. I have TP installed on three machines. I'm replacing one of them, which means I'll be uninstalling TP from one machine and reinstalling it on the new one. Am I going to run into a problem activating the reinstall, with McAfee thinking I've installed on 4 computers?

Thanks.

Ken Isaacson
SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller
www.KenIsaacson.com
2 Replies
OliverJohnSimps
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: Total Protection subscription question

No, you would not have any issues with that.

Regards,
OJ
ckolibab
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

License Use with 3 Users... ? Uninstall / Reinstall...

Could you please help me a little further with this one as well - great answer but just curious how this works.

I do a lot of Parallels and VMware on MAC's and am constantly building and tearing down VM's and each one new must have McAfee to comply with my company VPN access (which is exceptional by the way - big McAfee fan...) ... Now with VMware its lovely because it's included for a year free with VMware - but with Parallels I need to load one of my 3 licenses.

I am curious how the process to grab then release the license occurs so I know what not to forget. Could you please advise? - I had hoped it was something on the WebSite to simply disconnect the association but don't think that is the case.

The interesting thing about mine is it is usually always the same PC. It just is a a VM within the MAC which I make changes to rather often and requires the reinstall of McAfee Total Protection.

My appreciation for help here !!! -
Thanks

Regards,
OJ
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community