Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mafinley
Former Member
Message 11 of 16

Re: Total Protection Will Not Install

Jump to solution

I have been working on this for more than 30 days, so now I have to either fix it or buy some other virus protection.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 16

Jump to solution

They may make an exception, I've known them extend the refund period up to 60 days.

I just find it weird that it wont install, assuming all things (including IE) are up to date and no rival software installed.

Tech Support should provide one-on-one assistance with this, if they balk let me know and I will ask my suppoirt contacts to intervene directly in this thread.

Takes a while though, so try your way first.

mafinley
Former Member
Message 13 of 16

Jump to solution

Thanks, I will try Tech Support again and let you know what happens.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

OK good luck.

mafinley
Former Member
Message 15 of 16

Jump to solution

I finally got the answer to my issue, I worked with a tech and for some unknown reason, the software would not work with IE 10, we rolled back to IE 9 and everything installed correctly.  Thank Ex_Brit for your suggestion to ask for a higher level of tech shpport.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution

That's really weird but not unheard of.  I've never experienced it myself but maybe the fact that whenever I get a higher version of IE I always set it to "Compatbility View for all websites" under Tools, which maybe makes it act like an earlier version?  Just a thought.

Glad you are OK now.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/01/14 11:46:47 EST AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community