cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
severianodiosda
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Total Protection- Manage Network

Why my Manage Network report one of my computers is not protected by the latest version of McAfee software, but when i check that computer it doesn't need that ?  I am confused and this is a new laptop in my network, the fourth in my family. Beside the windows display of McAfee software in that new computer looks different than the others. I attached pics.

Thank you in advance

1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

Re: Total Protection- Manage Network

You have two versions of Mcafee there the 2nd 1 is 2010 and 1st pic 2009. That will throw messages up such as yours. Upgrade (free on subscription) to 2010 and see what the network map says. To upgrade as clicking update will only get you the new version in 1% of clicks as the new version is throttled to stop the server being overloaded. Thus the only way to be sure to get 2010 is uninstall the old version using the MCPR tool (in useful links tab abve) and reinstall from your licence. This will get you 2010 for sure.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community