cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exphoiler
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Terrible perfomance issues

Hi, im a Hardware tecnician, in witch i do hundreds of windows instalations caused by several problems like viruses, corrupt disks, windows problems, etc etc...

The thing is, it arrived today to my office the new Mcafee Internet Security 2010.

Im having terrible performance issues in computers with 2Gb ram and less. Version 2009 is the same thing.

My question is, were is this going to End? ill explain....

A normal customer...

old computer example

- Pc or laptop 1Gb Ram or 512.
- Windows XP SP3
- IE8.0
- MSN Live
- Printers own Program utility (the one that stays consuming memory on systray.)
- Webcam software on systray.

This example is very friendly as you can see. Were in this configuration can i install the Internet Security full instalation and let my customer go on the folowing websites;

hi5; myspace; java games; etc etc etc.

If i leave the computer without antivirus, it works fine, its not a ferrari but it still works. If i install the security suite, forget it.

Main question:

Are the antivirus going on the same mistake as windows vista? (consuming resources like crazy)

Because this internet security makes me remind that terrible software called "Norton Utilities" that many ppl would stay hipnotized looking at the memory graphics and then they couldnt even open msword. (that was near year 1999)

If i go on the new computer example;

- Pc or laptop 2/3Gb Ram
- Windows Vista SP1
- IE8.0
- MSN Live
- Printers own Program utility (the one that stays consuming memory on systray.)
- Webcam software on systray.

In this case, for VISTA i need the 2Gb of ram, so if the pc only has 2 gb, and i want internet security, forget it, ITS DEAD SLOW!
Solution, put 3 GB! Ram

QUestion, whats is gonna happen when 3GB is not enough? because theres the 32bit 3gb ram limit. (eventhou many computer manufacturers sell 4gb ram pcs with 32 bit OS.)

What solution can i expect from mcafee so i can continue to sell this great product?
(because im getting everyday new complaints of slow computers)

Im sorry for the out of placed post, best regards

Ricardo Silva
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community