cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raisa
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

TP 2009 won't update, can't 'fix' problems, 'database is 8 - 29 days old' etc etc

I refer you first to this thread --> http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?p=539419#post539419

since that time on the 6th November (and receiving no reply or help at all until I bumped the thread on 17th November and even then there wasn't any help at all) the updates once again will not work

mcrappy says that all updates are 'up to date' but the 'fix' issues in the manager will not go away - again. Manual updates have no effect, setting auto updates doesn't work. The update log says the last upate was 10/11/08.

This is simply NOT good enough! If the so called solution is to delete the mcrappy and simply download again and reinstall then I'm off to Symantec as I'm not about to lose another hour or two at work resetting all of my laptop network settings simply because I had to reinstall mcrappy yet again.

I checked on getting my money back - the retailer says their 30 day money back has expired so no help there, I'm stuck with the product, and since I didn't buy mcrappy online I guess you guys aren't going to help either huh?

Satisfied customer? - I think not...
Labels (1)
3 Replies
OliverJohnSimps
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: TP 2009 won't update, can't 'fix' problems, 'database is 8 - 29 days old' etc etc

Hi Raisa,

Sorry for the delayed reply i did go through your previous thread, I also would like to apologize for not getting back on the previous thread. However I may be able to help you out with this situation, if possible can you please try to run the McAfee Virtual Technician which is a diagnostic tool that would give some valid details about your laptop as well as the McAfee Products installed on your laptop.

To run the McAfee Virtual Technician please follow the steps mentioned below:
1.Click on the following link https://us.mcafee.com/root/mvtapp.exe now you would get a file download security warning click on save and save it to the desktop.
2.Now click on ‘Run’ on the next window which would open the McAfee Virtual Technician.
3.Click on ‘Continue’ which would give you the End User License Agreement click on ‘I Agree’.
4.Now the McAfee Virtual Technician would start scanning your computer.
5.Once the scanning is done on the top right corner you would have the Session ID make a note of it.
6.Now if it gives you an ‘Auto Fix’ option please go-ahead and try to resolve the issue or if it gives any message make a note of it.
Please get back to me with the session ID so that I can have a look at your session and check all the necessary details about the products.

Regards,
OJ

user_21551
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

same issue

I have the same can't fix issue and i tried downloading the technician tool and it seemed to dowload and go through, i got all the prompts but now it does nothing. Won't scan or do whatever its supposed to do.
What is with this McAfee problem? I've had it for years then all the sudden this.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

RE: same issue

When you download the MVT it plants a desktop shortcut. You run it from that.

If that fails then you could try Technical Support Chat, it's free, via the link at top left of this page or, if you want to avoid having to run the MVT, in my signature.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community