cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinz
Former Member
Message 11 of 16

Re: Stop McAfee from indicating I'm not fully protected...

eville_stu wrote:

I have the same problem, I've disabled a bunch of "protections", I only want basic virus protection.  I've gone to the Security Center Configuration, and enabled every "Ignored Problems" by checking every box, for "Informational Alerts", I've clicked the first option, "Do not show...", and for "Alert Options" I've unchecked everything, but I still get this super annoying nag every time I startup my machine and then every few hours afterward... I'm ready to uninstall this software because this is so annoying:

Referring to to your previous post , I believe the error message that constantly pops up on your screen could be because you have disabled a bunch of protections.

Can you please attach a screen shot of the main interface of your security center so that we could offer you some solution.

Thanks,

Dinesh K

eville_stu
Former Member
Message 12 of 16

I have disabled a bunch of things because I don't want them.  I understand there is a risk.  I'm not going to re-enable anything.  I'm asking how to prevent the dialog box from popping up all the time. 

To be clear:

Is there a way to have some of the security features disabled AND NOT have the dialog box below show up?

annoyingDialog.gif

Droopy
Former Member
Message 13 of 16

Please read carefully.  The issue is that I have disabled e-mail/spam/etc filtering.  I DO NOT WANT MCAFEE TO CHECK/FILTER MY E-MAIL.  Yes, I have disabled some McAfee services.  I want them to stay disabled. I simply want to get rid of the notifications that tell me I'm not protected.  I know that I'm not protected with McAfee.  I don't want McAfee to protect my e-mail.

Anyone?

Droopy

Droopy
Former Member
Message 14 of 16

After 4 chat sessions with McAfee, in which McAfee chat technicians reloaded McAfee 3, yes THREE times, I still have the problem.  After this forth chat I was finally told that there is no way to disable or ignore e-mail and IM scanning.  It's pretty pathetic that it took 4 chats and 3 reloads before they acknowledged it's not supported.  They should have told me that on the first chat.  Better yet, it would have been nice is this matter had been resolved in the mcafee community forums.

Hiopefully they'll learn from this.

Droopy

bladie
Former Member
Message 15 of 16

Frustrating. I have exactly the same problem. It should be possible to ignore the warnings and get rid of the popup. Why doesn't McAfee support this, just as it is possible to ignore some other components being disabled? Frustrating, really...

Droopy
Former Member
Message 16 of 16

I FINALLY SOLVED THE PROBLEM.  WAHOO!!!!! Just follow the simple steps below:

1. Uninstall McAfee

2. Install Norton

P.S. Based on the fact that this thread was viewed 3,913 times, there are a lot of people that will need to follow the steps above.

Message was edited by: Droopy on 12/16/10 7:33:08 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community