cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 11 of 20

RE: Still can't access McAfee site for updates -ugh - please get me out of Limbo!

I thing we might be having the Malware infection in the computer, please clarify
What is the version of internet Explorer you use is it 6 or 7 if you use IE explorer 6
Steps
Try a DOS scan, check and see whether you are able to complete it.

Windows XP: Document ID: TS100054
http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100054&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl...
NYGriff
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

RE: Still can't access McAfee site for updates -ugh - please get me out of Limbo!

I have Internet Explorer 7. I have run the indicated scans andthe problem persists. Please help! Thanks.
NYGriff
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Ex Brit CanYou Help?

Hi,
I feel like I'm crying in the wilderness! The problem has been going on for a week; my computer is sluggish and I despair of taking it to the fix-it center.
Thanks,
Beth
tvetro
Former Member
Message 14 of 20

can't get to mcafee site

I am having the exact problem. I can surf the web to all my usual sites EXCEPT ANY Mcafee site. Mcafee is telling me I have to reload. I have also run all the suggested scans with no luck.
I have also upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 with all updates.
I sure hope Mcafee comes up with a solution soon since I will have to unsubscribe to their service if I can't use it.
NYGriff
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

RE: can't get to mcafee site

Yes! It is incredibly frustrating. I'm also puzzled about the lack of response here in the support forum - normally a quick and reliable place for definitive fixes.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 16 of 20

Sorry for the inconvenience, perform the clean boot in the computer from the system configuration utility.
{Start – run-Msconfig- click on service tab (make check on hide all Microsoft service in the bottom panel) - uncheck all the service apart from McAfee and windows services – similarly disable all the startup from start tab}
If the issue persist than I would recommend you to check with McAfee technical support chat department for further trouble shooting steps
http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=CHAT
ugogirl
Former Member
Message 17 of 20

403-1 all mcafee sites blocked

i'm running mcafee total protection (3 licenses) and the software won't update. my desktop is running slower and slower. my will not go to any mcafee site. i've tried all the suggestions here, however the problem still existgs.

if you have to go to a mcafee site then you must do it on another computer. i'm typing from my laptop

i thought i was making a good choice in purchasing the mcafee total protection. apparently there is something preventing me from getting updates and i should be protected.

should i purchase different software if mcafee is unable or unwilling to fix the problem created?
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 18 of 20

RE: 403-1 all mcafee sites blocked

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this may happen if you’re computer is effected with Malware or Root-kits .we have to scan the computer for infection as we discussed in this thread you can Run the free versions (Malware) tool: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php clean anything it detected.

Please clarify

If you are able to get into the other security site (AVG or Symantec)
Ping the McAfee site and post the IP address you get (Start-Run-CMD-type Ping download.mcafee.com)
If the issue persist check with McAfee technical support chat department for further trouble shooting steps http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSel...S&pt=1&st=CHAT
Sezaic
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Hi. My computer is maybe 6 years old, but everything is up to date. This problem only started recently when several mcafee updates went through. I verified my subscription (I have it through Comcast). I tried to do the update mcafee, but it still downloads to 100%, but while it says it is installing mcafee virus scan, it does absolutely nothing. The 'install mcafee virus scan' icon goes away, and it's as if I've done nothing. I don't have Norton or AVG.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 20 of 20

Try the following steps and if the issue persists I would also recommend you to check with a McAfee technical support chat department for further trouble shooting steps http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSel...S&pt=1&st=CHAT

Steps:
Ping the Download.mcafee.com make sure the IP address valid
Delete the User temp, windows temp and internet cookies/temp file
Restart the computer in safe mode with networking and try to download the McAfee
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community