cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fibercj
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Slowed computer

I have just reinstalled Security Suite from Comcast.  Now I know why I took if off the last time.  The computer processing speed is probably 1/10 what it was with the Suite.  Getting a simple email (Outlook) took 7 minutes.  Getting to the McAfee site to try to stop a virus scan took almost that long.  I am not a high risk user but am getting a new laptop and will use wireless.  I thought I had better install some security.  Now I am ready to uninstall again.  I used the "typical" download.  What can I do to solve this frustrating issue?

4 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slowed computer

Hi ,

Can you provide some information like;
What is the RAM size of this computer ?
May I know how old the computer is ?
Any other security software installed ?

Thanks,
Dinesh K

Fibercj
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for reply, Dinz.  Computer is a 5-year old Gateway.  No other security system on it.  256MB, 220GHz.  FYI-it took about 3 minutes to get from the email to this site.  This site is "freezing" regularly.  Have to wait and wait.  Is that site or computer?  Can you help me?

Fibercj
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Dinz, forgot one point.  Harddrive seems to run almost all time now (judging by sound).

Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

From the information that you provided it seems that you have 256MB of RAM ,which is the minimum requirment of McAfee.This could be the reason why the computer is working slow. One thing that i can suggest is to remove any unwanted program installed on the computer and clear the temporary file and cookies.

This would help the computer much more faster that it is now . If you have more RAM on the computer I guess everthing should be working fine.

Regards,

Mohan.B

McAfee Tier-2.5 Lead

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community